Why become a member? ×

Let's hear all your own Basschat Rig Rundowns.

Painy

either

Modulus FU5
Warwick corvette std fretless
Maruszczyk Jake
Fodera Monarch New standard

into:

(for my originals/ experimental band)

turbo tuner
Iron Ether SubT
Source Audio Manta w/ HH
Wren and cuff fuzz
Darkglass B3K
Sansamp VT bass
Eventide H9
in a pedaltrain metro24 with diago cables and gigrig/diago psu

(for my Covers band)

Zoom B3

into:

Tecamp puma 900 and Barefaced big baby 2 and neutrik speakon cables

Basses, choice of:
Dingwall Z3
Sandberg California VM
US "Geddy Lee" Jazz

The sandberg gets most pub-gig play.

3U Gator rack bag with...
Powerbright power conditioner
Line6 G90 Wireless
Tec Amp Puma 900

Line6 Helix for amp models & FX

Cab is a Barefaced Super Twin

Pretty portable and massively loud.

Fender Classic Lacquer 50's Precision - the current squeeze
Musicman 2 band Stingray - when i need a bit more zing or to clear someones bowels out
Sandberg PM4 - lovely but rarely getting a run out these days

EBS TD650 or TD660 head thru a couple of Barefaced Big Baby 2 Gen3 cabs (or just one for small gigs). Gallien Krueger RB700ii as a spare spare....

Pedaltrain Metro 16 board
Diago Micropower 9 > Sony DWZ B30 wireless unit > Korg Pitchblack Poly tuner > Tech 21 VT Bass DI > Zoom MS60b multi effect > Seymour Duncan Doubleback compressor

Pint of soda and blackcurrant or lime......

Edited by Mudpup

Alembic F1-x with an Alembic SF-2 in the send return loops. The F1-x full range out goes into a QSC PLX2402 stereo power amp with the inputs set to parallel.
For cabs, I have three mesa boogie powerhouse cabs to choose from 2x10, 1x15 and 4x10. Usually it's the 4x10 and 2x10 used individually and when paired the 1x15 is added to either of the other two. I don't play loud and that setup gives me a good clean powerful and dynamic sound at low to moderate volumes.

I don't gig these days so the set up below isn't performance tested.

Bass wise I reach for my self-build first these days. I'm so happy with how it turned out (although the body shape needs a slight tweak to improve the balance). It's very articulate, feels great and is very versatile tonally.

Second to that currently is the Status Series 1 5 string. The Spector NS5CR would normally be no. 2 but it's currently with Mr Shuker getting more customisations.

The Pentabuzz and Stingray are with me for when I'm in the mood for something different. The Alembic Series 1 and Shuker Headless are in storage.

Current signal chain is mostly based around bass synth otherwise I would just have a compressor and nothing else.

First up the EBS Microbass allows two basses to plug in otherwise I wouldn't need it. An Effectrode PC2A compressor sits in the EBS effects loop to fatten things up a little.

The signal then goes into a Panda Future Impact bass synth and then an Empress Parametric 3 band, customised for a notched narrow midrange band to focus the mids. After that the signal goes to a Zoom B3 for delay and pitchshift and then to two GB Shuttle 6 amps.

Each amp shoves 380w at 8 ohm into a fEARless F112. For more volume I could do both cabs at 4 ohm in mono and tap 600w but the current set up is overkill for home use as it is.

Other stuff: Two Burman Pro4000 heads, for vintagey goodness and a Trace Elliot Hexavalve just...because. I still have a couple of lexicon mpxg2 rack multi effects that I'm figuring out what to do with. Will definitely use one at least for guitar although I'm amassing a collection of pedals on that side too. :/

the live rig I use for the rock covers band is

genz seamliner 900 head
2 x 2x10 genz focus cabs
mex pbass (goldfender)that I bought off here great bass

live set up function band

bd21 into the desk
sony radio pack
boss octave
boss flanger
boss chorus
boss bass enhancer

basses skyline dj4 and vmj with cs pick ups

Currently playing my white Epi Thunderbird Classic Pro with a black pickguard, more because it's the same colour as the guitarist's Jackson than anything else. :) Gibson T-birds (one with chrome Chinese eBay pickups) and Epi Blackbird on the subs bench. All on-board controls to max.

Rotosound Rotobass 45-105s, mainly because they don't have silks and therefore I get metal contact on the string saddles.

Boss Compressor-Sustainer.

Green 0.88 turtle picks.

Mid-90s Trace 350W GP7 4x10 combo, with Trace 1x15 extension cab.

Got a wireless system, not plucked up the courage to use it live yet ...

(My rehearsal rig is a Trace 150W GP7 head going through a Trace 1048 and a Peavey 4x10 thing. Also got a Trace AH600-12, which I actually don't like that much.)

Edited by HengistPod

For me its:

Yamaha bb424x.
Zoom B3.
Ashdown ABM evo ii 500 15 combo.
Ashdown ABM 2x10 ext cab.

Pretty much get any sound I like out of that. I run the bass pretty neutral, the amp set on its flat eq with the valve drive on, and any adjustments and effects on the b3.

Hey

Fender P with Custom Handwound Pups by The Creamery (Adjustable poles) - Strung with .115 Labella Flats
Stagg EUB

Selmer TnB 50 MkIII
Hand Made 2x10 Cab with Eminence Basslites
Trace Elliot 1153T (Which for some reason looks really tiny and manageable in the picture - IT ISN'T)
Also a MarkBass LMIII for when I can't be arsed to carry stuff.

Haven't gigged properly for a few years now but I tended to keep things simple preferring old style analogue effects pedals usually just a compressor, flanger, phaser and wah pedal . I've only ever had one speaker, a Marshall 100W combo keyboard amp that I ran both basses and guitars through. Did the job just fine.

Edited by Barking Spiders

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PwnGkC][/url]

Bass: Ibanez RS800 (very similar in sound to the MC800 in the picture, or a modded Ibanez RB760 with a Darkglass Tone Capsule)
Strings: Earnie Ball Cobalt.
Pedal board: Line6 G10, Pitchblack tuner, Darkglass VMT & B7K (probably soon an Alpha Omega instead of B7K when using the DG amp)
Amp: Darkglass M900 or Mesa Carbine M9
Cabs: TKS W2126 x2

GB Spitfire / GB Rumour (DR Lo-riders, 40 60 80 100 125)
->
OBBM interconnect
->
Shure ULX-D
->
Van Damme interconnect (jack/jack)
->
Kemper Profiling amp (with Kemper remote for switching inbuilt rigs/fx) -> OBBM Speaker cables -> EBS Proline 2x10 cabs
->
Van Damme interconnect
->
Digital desk (either GLD80/X32/DL32R/DL1608)
->
Vandamme interconnects (pair for stereo)
->
Shure PSM900
->
Jerry Harvey CF Roxanne CIEM (or ACS T1 with Live! pack)

(Kemper rig all racked up with rear rack panels and internal wiring for quick setup).

Edited by EBS_freak

Live set-up for my Hard-rock/metal band:

D-tuning bass - Fender Custom Shop '57-RE Precision w/flats
B-tuning bass - Warwick Corvette Active 5-string w/rounds

TC Electronics - Polytune
Dave Hall Amps - VT1 EQ/DI mk2

Warwick Sonic III amp
TKS S112 cabs x2

I do noodle around with other bits for recording or other music contributions but that's the main gear.

[quote name='mzarsh' timestamp='1488281766' post='3247456']
Hey

Fender P with Custom Handwound Pups by The Creamery (Adjustable poles) - Strung with .115 Labella Flats
Stagg EUB

Selmer TnB 50 MkIII
Hand Made 2x10 Cab with Eminence Basslites
Trace Elliot 1153T (Which for some reason looks really tiny and manageable in the picture - IT ISN'T)
Also a MarkBass LMIII for when I can't be arsed to carry stuff.

[/quote]

A Selmer T n B 50. What a flashback. I had one back in 1980 for guitar. How old is it, how does it cope with gigs, do you have to mic the cab?

Lovely rigs in the above posts.I don't gig so mine is home friendly but reckon would be suitable for small pub gig.
Bass
Squier Matt Freeman bass not modified
Fender Royal blue Steve Harris sig
Squier Jazz c vibe classis with SD pups
Fender Rumble 1x12" Bass Amp Combo (V3)
Hartke bass attack pedal barely used
TC electronic spectracomp still experimenting
Guitars
Gold top Epiphone Les paul Korean build
Telecaster Affinity plays nice
Chinese Gruzer by Crafter

Fender Mustang II V.2 1x12" Modelling Amp Combo. Endless downloads and possibilities
Baby cry wah
Ibanez TS9 tube screamer

And a Yamaha 6 string accoustic that plays like dream

Focusrite 2 and sm57.
Simple rigs that meet my needs apart from Gas for another stuff.....

Ooooh love a good rig rundown!

[b]Basses[/b]
Fender 50's P-Bass - Fiesta red with a couple of upgrades (mojo Harness and p-ups & Schaller bridge)
MM Stingray (2004) 3EQ in natural - no upgrades

[b]Pedals[/b]
TC - Polytune Mini
JHS - Pulp n Peel
Walrus Audio - Julia
MXR - Bass Octave Deluxe
EHX - Bass Big Muff
Caroline Guitar Co - Kilobyte Delay
Tech 21 - Sans amp Programmable 3ch
Aguilar - Tone Hammer
Power - Cioks Schizophrenic
Board - Pedaltrain Jr

[b]Amp[/b]
Orange AD200b MK3
Orange 4x10
For practice - pedal board straight into interface with headphones.

[b]Cable[/b]
Pedal Board - George L
Guitar Cables - Sommer Spirit XL w/ Neutrik Ends

[u]Basses[/u]
PZ5 -with flats
63 AVRI - with flats

[u]Cab[/u]
Tecamp M212

[u]Amp and Pre[/u]
Fender MB1200
Aguilar DB680

[u]Pedal Board[/u]
Basswitch using a Cali76 in the always on series fx loop
FEA Photon FuzzII in the Mix fx loop with clean blend
TU-2 tuner

The rig sounds great and its very easy to adjust the tone on the fly to suit the on stage mix or an odd room. The 680 has a Jensen transformer on the DI which works really well.

My wee pedal board gives me the ability to go direct without the rig if needed on a small gig or gear share type gigs.
The live rig is great, always enough headroom, clear articulate sound and the basses feel great to play.

I have a small 100w Fender combo for smaller gigs when stage volume doesn't need to be loud and it works a charm as a monitor when using PA support out front.

Sometimes I'll change one bass to rounds depending on what I'm doing with certain bands but live it's 99% flats.

Edited by krispn