Why become a member? ×

32" Medium Scale Bass Thread

Rumple

On 21/02/2021 at 21:10, shoulderpet said:

I have a Mezzo that I brought because I wanted a medium scale bass, I initially wanted a medium scale Squier CV jaguar bass but after returning 2 of them due to QC issues I didn't feel like playing a lottery on whether or not I would get a dodgy one. I have to say though the Mezzo body shape despite being a bit more pointy than the typical Fender body shape is surprisingly ergonomic.

Apologies for quoting a 2021 post, but may I ask you what sort of problem did rhe Jaguar CVs have? I'd really like one but I find this discouraging

16 hours ago, Paolo85 said:

Apologies for quoting a 2021 post, but may I ask you what sort of problem did rhe Jaguar CVs have? I'd really like one but I find this discouraging

Yes no problem,

The first one was aesthetic, the neck was a lovely amber tone until you went further up the neck where it was pillar box red were someone had gone mad applying the finish. Even my wife thought it looked dreadful.

The second one the frets were completely knackered, no amount of adjustment would get rid of the buzz and I think they realised this in the factory as the action was jacked up sky high

It was a shame the first one was so aesthetically jarring with its dayglo neck as it played well

Edited by shoulderpet

39 minutes ago, shoulderpet said:

Yes no problem,

The first one was aesthetic, the neck was a lovely amber tone until you went further up the neck where it was pillar box red were someone had gone mad applying the finish. Even my wife thought it looked dreadful.

The second one the frets were completely knackered, no amount of adjustment would get rid of the buzz and I think they realised this in the factory as the action was jacked up sky high

It was a shame the first one was so aesthetically jarring with its dayglo neck as it played well

Very helpful thanks! Yes it looks it's not minor issues that can be overlooked

• 1 month later...
On 12/04/2022 at 16:19, 0175westwood29 said:

The new squier Jaguar kills for the money! 

also so easy to upgrade! 
BF22A5D3-D1CB-4FBD-AE48-47A675172F3E.thumb.jpeg.8064b952802210e40b8210d25b7e30a6.jpeg

56E224C9-3289-4BA1-BFB7-50D89161B93C.thumb.jpeg.2fe1c8a26b754b5f1a10bf897e11e5c4.jpeg

Just curious, how much do your medium Squier Affinity H Jaguars weigh? Thanks

On 22/05/2022 at 23:17, funkypenguin said:

Had a couple of gigs with my new bass recently and I'm absolutely loving the shorter 32" scale length, kind of wish I'd switched earlier!

280586522_502152268262164_1247299631962124685_n.jpeg

Beautiful top on a beautiful Fodera - lovely to see you're using the Hellborg rig live.  Not the lightest (!) but if you can carry it, the tone is simply breathtaking

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

One fairly new to me 32” scale Aria TSB650 from 1979 next to my ‘72 Jazz. Both strung with TI jazz flats but the Aria thumps and growls like no Jazz bass ever has. Those pickups are amazing. It’s a dream to play and is my current gigging machine. 

C09011B7-1BE7-4FC6-803C-F7822DF32657.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Nice!

If I wasn’t having my Zoot P made (nearly on the finishing straight in fact) then this would have been a worthy contender.

It’s potentially a good shout for @BassBunny

EDIT: just seen the weight, so perhaps not. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited by Merton
Coz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Merton said:

Nice!

If I wasn’t having my Zoot P made (nearly on the finishing straight in fact) then this would have been a worthy contender.

It’s potentially a good shout for @BassBunny

EDIT: just seen the weight, so perhaps not. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Thanks for thinking about me Martin. Definitely too heavy.