Why become a member? ×

32" Medium Scale Bass Thread

Rumple

2 minutes ago, Rumple said:

There was a Gypsy Rose on Ebay over Christmas I think, not sure if it's still there, if you don't mine the girlie colours then they are well worth  giving a try, I have two!

That Yamaha 5 string is very  nice @therealting

Thanks, they’re both great actually!

There’s a Gypsy Rose on eBay at the moment with a split neck. Still about £100 shipped... there are several on for £300-400!

1 hour ago, therealting said:

There’s a Gypsy Rose on eBay at the moment with a split neck. Still about £100 shipped... there are several on for £300-400!

Really! there was a black sparkly one on there back in November that went for about £60, I was tempted but as I'm not playing these days it would have been stupid to buy it 😃

• Like 1

Just stumbled across this thread.  After umming and erring for a while I decided to give a 32" scale bass a go and bought this ACG.

I feel I might be a convert as I've recently commission another 32" scale AGC configured as a passive P bass.

1717014460_BorderReiverSS01.thumb.jpg.896785c3410a1237f25c59b54fa0a05b.jpg

Edited by ead
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Rumple said:

Really! there was a black sparkly one on there back in November that went for about £60, I was tempted but as I'm not playing these days it would have been stupid to buy it 😃

Ah that’s a shame. Let me know if you decide to get rid of anything.

On 06/01/2019 at 18:32, ead said:

Just stumbled across this thread.  After umming and erring for a while I decided to give a 32" scale bass a go and bought this ACG.

I feel I might be a convert as I've recently commission another 32" scale AGC configured as a passive P bass.

1717014460_BorderReiverSS01.thumb.jpg.896785c3410a1237f25c59b54fa0a05b.jpg

Awesome! A passive P from Alan in 32” flavour is quite the thing :)

How often do the medium scale Japanese Fenders/Squiers pop up on UK sale?  There are several on Ebay or Reverb from Japan, but the CITES stuff would be a massive headache with a rosewood board (which I would prefer).

Does anyone know how the Westone Concord compares as a cheaper option?

Alternatively, are there any modern production 32" passive P basses in the £500ish price range?

Not often in my experience! I looked for a Squier PB-331 on and off for about a year before I found one for sale in France.

As for modern 32" P-basses around £500, I don't think so. Unless you can find a s/h History SPZ-2M or a new "Cool Z" ZBP-M1R (basically the same thing) from Japan. 

http://store.shimamura.co.jp/shop/g/gst0074903/

Edited by KK Jale

1 hour ago, KK Jale said:

As for modern 32" P-basses around £500, I don't think so. Unless you can find a s/h History SPZ-2M or a new "Cool Z" ZBP-M1R (basically the same thing) from Japan. 

http://store.shimamura.co.jp/shop/g/gst0074903/

You are back with the CITES problem with those.

I might wait and see if anything comes of this:

http://www.musicinstrumentnews.co.uk/2018/10/12/namm-offers-signs-of-hope-with-cites/

If it does, then importing an 80's one from Japan might be the best way forwards.

On 30/01/2018 at 09:37, Rumple said:

Modded the Gypsy Rose with:

Cali neo pickups
Kiogon wiring loom
Schaller black tuners
black scratchplate
D'Addario Strings
graphite vinyl wrap on headstock with vinyl decal
generic black bridge, screws, neck plate, strap buttons, string tree..

P1010893.JPG

Love the headstock logo 👍

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...