Why become a member? ×

New bloke from Suffolk

Hippytone

Hi everybody... finally decided to become a proper member after a couple of years of lurking.
This is a great resource with a lot of really useful points of view, particularly in the gear and technical areas, where I would be the first to confess my slightly "traditional" (possibly outdated) outlook!
I'm 61 and I've been playing for around 45 years... very busy in the 80's/90's making a fairly good living from the bass... kind of lost a bit of impetus in the mid 2000's... and now, after moving back to the UK from Europe I'm back into playing again. Surprised to find that there are some really good people to play with round these parts, so life is lovely again!
Looking forward to being involved in the BC community!

Cheers,
Nick

I'm near Diss, and although my initials are JV I don't have one, although one does live only 4 miles away from me. If you're new get yourself to the Burston Crown - great music nights Thursdays and Sundays. Not jams, but quality regional bands.

[quote name='Hippytone' timestamp='1487876562' post='3243845']
Hi John, thanks for the welcome.

Great tip about the Burston Crown... know it well, played there on the 12th of last month :) In fact, I think you were there !
And I'm guessing I might even know that JV personally :rolleyes:

Cheers
Nick
[/quote]

Pah ha ha... i should have thought, Nick :). But I rarely do. Still welcome though!

Edited by lownote12