Why become a member? ×

No love for Eden?

davebass66

I use the new WTP 600 head and D410Xlt and it is the best rig I've owned. I love how punchy and agressive the tone is whilst still remaining warm and the eq is very musical sounding. I jumped from an all valve orange 8x10 rig to Eden and haven't missed the all valve thing at all - in fact I prefer the solidness of the solid state power amp.

The cab is very heavy tho and I am thinking of maybe downsizing it to two 1x12s. I disagree with the comment that they try to pack too much into the heads. I think every feature has been considered and is very useful in certain applications and makes the head very versatile.

I think the company are having a revival it seems, I've notice quite a few high profile rock bass players using thier stuff now which is great!

I should also add I'm an Eden artist so feel free to take what I say with a pinch of salt but they were the company I chose to use, they were the right fit for me!

[quote name='attackbass' timestamp='1488148929' post='3246370']

The cab is very heavy tho and I am thinking of maybe downsizing it to two 1x12s. I disagree with the comment that they try to pack too much into the heads. I think every feature has been considered and is very useful in certain applications and makes the head very versatile.

[/quote]

You're absolutely right regarding the heads, I very much meant the original comment as an opinion for myself. I can totally see how it can be useful to a lot of players.

No problem, I can see how the head maybe has too many features that a player doesn't necessarily need on an amp. I came from the orange AD200 so maybe I was craving the expanded eq etc haha!

I very much like the Aguilar gear, the 8x10s sound incredible and recently played a tone hammer which I found surprisingly very nice - I was put off after my experience of the tone hammer pedal!

Many years ago I bought a WT800C from Andertons and did 2 fantastic gigs with my Epifani 410. What a great sound, but at low volume there was a buzz. I didn't know what it was and Andertons couldn't find the cause so, sadly, I returned it. . . . and bought my first Thunderfunk. A good move.

IME Eden was the pick of the bunch at that time.