Why become a member? ×

Electric Bass lessons with Ian King (West End, currently Hamilton) - Guildford or Skype!

Kingbassist

Hi there,

UPDATE 2020

Having some time out from work and fancy a few bass lessons? Well, get in touch and we can set something up over Skype! Reasonable rates.

I'm an advocate of learning as many great bass lines as possible to improve your vocabulary and theory knowledge. I've gathered a great library of transcriptions and would love to guide you through some of your favourite baselines! Whether using notation or TAB.

If you wanna check me out feel free to google Ian King Bassist or find me on Instagram under iankingbass

Here's my biog if you want to know a bit more about me:
Bass player Ian King has worked with The Temptations, The Supremes, Sister Sledge, Ronan Keating, Huey Lewis, Paul Young, Rick Astley and Albert Lee. Ian has toured arenas with Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’, ‘Dr.Who Live!’ and ‘Symphonic Rock with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra’. He has held the bass chair in the West End for Dreamgirls, The Book of Mormon, Shrek the Musical, Sister Act, Hairspray, Fame & Daddy Cool and is currently playing in Hamilton at The Victoria Palace Theatre, London. TV and studio credits include The Graham Norton Show, The Ruth Jones TV specials, Strictly Dance Fever, Zingzillas and the Tenors of Rock.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/297997-in-praise-of-ian-king-kingbassist/page__p__3224207__hl__ian king__fromsearch__1#entry3224207

http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2744871

Edited by Kingbassist
SKYPE LESSONS

• 1 month later...

Met with Ian a couple of times now, with more in the diary, and just to say I would really recommend him to fellow basschatters. I think I'm a pretty decent bassist, but on the basis that there is always more to learn, and its easy to get into a rut, wanted some extra input/coaching (focusing on technique, melodic improvisation etc). Not only is Ian a great bassist, but he's also a top bloke !

+ 1

I had a few lessons (more lined up) with Ian focusing on technique, sight reading, rhythmic and melodic variations in the construction of effective bass lines etc and I am starting to see the benefits already. Apart from being a great and experienced player he is also a excellent teacher and a very nice guy. I highly recommend Ian as bass tutor.

• Kingbassist changed the title to Electric Bass lessons with Hamilton Bassist, Ian King - Woking Area
  • 4 weeks later...

Having lessons with Ian has had such a great effect on my playing. I came to the first lesson wanting to expand on basslines, tastefully placing fills in the context of a song, and to play charts confidently while adding some of my own flare. Ian went through each of these topics explaining everything clearly and playing me loads of examples. I went away with so many ideas and different concepts to practice. I’ve already noticed a big difference to my playing and this has helped me out on a number of important gigs. 

Ian is an excellent teacher and really Hones in on what you want to improve on as a player. Another great side to the lessons is that you get to see him play! And what a player he is! Looking forward to the next one.

Edited by ShulmanBass

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I'd put a short video up here in case anyone's interested in having lessons.. I have space for one or two more students so do get in touch if you're interested.. If you want to see more videos like this check out my instagram page iankingbass

Cheers, Ian

• Kingbassist changed the title to Electric Bass lessons with Ian King (West End, currently Hamilton) - Guildford or Skype!