Why become a member? ×

*** NOW SOLD - SWR Triad Bass Cab & SWR Cover - SOLD ***
£140

silverfoxnik

[b]*** NOW SOLD - Thanks for looking![/b] ***

Hi Folks

After having owned this cab for 18 months or so now, I've decided to put it up for sale for: [b]£140.00 o.n.o[/b]. plus p&p.

[b]History[/b]
I bought it on here from BTGAndy in 2015 at the South East Bass Bush because I've always [b]loved the sound[/b] of these cabs! So much so in fact, that I bought this at the same time as I had my original Triad (which I'd had since 2007). Anyway, as is so often the case, GAS got the better of me and right after buying this, I bought a beautiful Ampeg V4BH rig,with a 115 from The Beedster, and I've been gigging that pretty much exclusively ever since. So, I've only used this Triad about 3 times in anger since I bought it

And, much as I love the sound of these cabs, it's time to move it on because (i) I've got too many cabs anyway, and (ii) I've just bought a TechAmp 115 out of necessity because my back's been playing up.. So a lightweight cab has become an absolute essential..

[b]Condition, photos[/b]
In terms of condition, it's pretty good - say a 7.5/10 and the cover's in OK condition too..

[attachment=238311:Triad 2.jpg]
[attachment=238312:Triad 3.jpg]
[attachment=238313:Triad 1.jpg]

[b]Sound[/b]
Sound-wise, if you look on the internet, the jury's out about full-range bass cabs but for me, I've found the Triad to be a very versatile cab, capable of delivering fantastic lows with quite an articulate mid-range and a sweet top end. I remember Alex Claber A/B-ing his prototype Super 12T against this cab at one of the Bashes about 4 or 5 years ago, and although the Super 12T was capable of taking more power (and it's a lot lighter obviously), the sound of the two cabs side by side was actually quite similar - something Alex commented on at the time..

Here's a review posted on Musician's Friend some years ago:

[i]"I've been gigging with the [/i][i]SWR[/i] [i]Triad[/i][i] cabinet for exactly 10 years this month. It's been through all sorts of music to include acoustic world type music to heavy progressive. This is the clearest sounding cabinet I have ever heard. You will hear every nuance across the frequency spectrum."[/i]

([url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/swr-triad-3-way-bass-speaker-system"]http://www.musicians...-speaker-system[/url])

[b]Spec[/b]
[size=4][color=#333333][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif]4-ohm, 400W, 3-way speaker enclosure featuring a 15" woofer, 10" mid driver, and tweeter. The SWR Triad gets full range clarity like no other audio speaker system. 23"W x 27"H x 18.5"D. 80 lbs.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][b]Features[/b][/color][/size][list]
[*][size=4]Bottom slot port[/size]
[*][size=4]Spring-loaded rubber grip handles[/size]
[*][size=4]Black Ozite carpeting with stack lock corners[/size]
[*][size=4]Chrome-stamped steel vibration-free grill[/size]
[*][size=4]High-quality metal input panel with heavy-duty attenuator[/size]
[*][size=4]1/4" in/out and Speakon jacks[/size]
[/list]
[b]Weight [/b]
The Triad is not light; it weighs in at approx. 80lbs, so it's not the lightest cab that's ever been built... but because it has really strong handles on the side of it, I found that with a bit of practice and either a decent trolley or castors, it's been manageable for me.

[b]Trades, shipping etc[/b]
Just to clarify that I'm not looking for any trades on this thanks. Viewings welcome if you'd like to hear it first and I m happy to ship it at your expense..

Any questions, please ask here or PM me.. Thanks for looking! :)

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

Oh!

I have one (an older Mk1 Triad without the speakon connectors) and was planning on putting it up for sale this week too... I'll leave it for a month or two to leave the way clear for you. Absolutely fabulous cabs with an incredible and very full sound.

Good luck with the sale!

Edited by Scoop

Not sure how it would compare to a Goliath 410, but the 15" driver in the Triad gives a distinct 'thump' to the low end in my view, that is quite different to that of a 410.

Having said that, the 10" driver and the horn provide articulation and a sweet top end, so it's definitely produces a full range sound.

Here's what I said above about the Triad and a Barefaced 212:

"Sound-wise, if you look on the internet, the jury's out about full-range bass cabs but for me, I've found the Triad to be a very versatile cab, capable of delivering fantastic lows with quite an articulate mid-range and a sweet top end. I remember Alex Claber A/B-ing his prototype Super 12T against this cab at one of the Bashes about 4 or 5 years ago, and although the Super 12T was capable of taking more power (and it's a lot lighter obviously), the sound of the two cabs side by side was actually quite similar - something Alex commented on at the time.."

Hope that helps. 😊

Should add that years ago my bass rig consisted of a pair of these with a sm400 and later a 1200w class d amp and psa1.

My experience is that they sound lovely (assuming hi fi is your bag) but simply couldn't cut through a loud metal backline and drummer

I have no such issues with my current band thankfully.

[quote name='bassbloke' timestamp='1487402922' post='3239491']
Hi. Would like to take this off you. Are you able to meet part way if i cover your fuel costs? Say somewhere around Petworth?
[/quote]

Hi there,

I've had a bit of interest already in the Triad, but have sent you a PM.

Nik