Why become a member? ×

The BIG FAT South-West Bass Bash, nr Taunton, 2nd April

scrumpymike

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1488302810' post='3247729']
Crikey, this looks like being bigger than the S.E. Bash.....anyone know any famous Bassists to invite along ( present company excepted!)?
[/quote]
I'm hoping that one or two might make themselves known on this thread - maybe they already have?! Anyway, I'm bringing an (unworn) Elite Strings T-shirt signed by a famous bass player (Stuart Zender) to go in the raffle. It will only be of interest to other Mikes though as he dedicated it to me - "To Mike - Respect!" IIRC :rolleyes:

Did I say raffle? Oh yes, there's going to be one - so far with a T-shirt and an unused Barefaced jack/Speakon cable lead. Any other raffle prize donations will be gratefully received on the day.

[quote name='GrahamT' timestamp='1488306898' post='3247775']
I can offer a cockrel-shaped watering can made from folded and welded metal, finished in a tasteful brown coloured hammerite...

Never been used, it was a house warming present.....
[/quote]
Thanks Graham!

[quote name='Jimrs2k2' timestamp='1488309725' post='3247813']
Late to the party I should have scrolled down a bit.

Jim.
[/quote]

I've assumed you're coming to the party and added you to the list :) - let me know if you're bringing stuff and I'll add that too.

Hi, yeah I bring the same old stuff as before, no real change other than one of graham t's genz benz cabinets and an old trace AH250 head, so as usual i will bring the lot for people to play with if they want.

Status kingbass black beauty.
Fearful 15/6/1 & 15 sub
Genzbenz shuttlemax
Genzbenz 12"
TE AH250 series 4
And a couple of ibanez . Etc etc.

Jim.

OK, so I'm pleased to report that Mike Gillett will be 'bashing' with us - I think his electro-acoustic basses look amazing and I can't wait to try one/all of them!

[url="http://www.gillettguitars.co.uk/"]http://www.gillettguitars.co.uk/[/url]

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1488574836' post='3250278']
I've seen my name on the list, but unfortunately (bash-wise) I have a gig the night before in Norfolk, which will see me greeting the milkman when I get home.

Have a great one chaps!
[/quote]
Thanks for telling us, now de-listed - enjoy the gig!

Can I suggest having a bunch of sticky labels and a Sharpie available so that people can make nametags for themselves if they want? We did this at the last national bash I went to and it was good to be able to put a face to a forum handle. I can source suitable items from my office stationery cupboard (I'm only borrowing them boss, honest) if required.

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1488713397' post='3251175']
Can I suggest having a bunch of sticky labels and a Sharpie available so that people can make nametags for themselves if they want? We did this at the last national bash I went to and it was good to be able to put a face to a forum handle. I can source suitable items from my office stationery cupboard (I'm only borrowing them boss, honest) if required.
[/quote]
I was planning to make name badges (already have the labels and permie pens) - but your DIY idea is much better :)

For the Raffle, I have persuaded MSL to put up a Bass Keeper, a Mark Stand, and an ULTRA rare Markbass wristband. The wrist bands are quite special, as they have fairly magical abilities. They can do this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6cQ_ii_cow

Edited by MoJoKe

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1488989483' post='3253551']
For the Raffle, I have persuaded MSL to put up a Bass Keeper, a Mark Stand, and an ULTRA rare Markbass wristband. The wrist bands are quite special, as they have fairly magical abilities. They can do this:-

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6cQ_ii_cow[/media]
[/quote]
That's great, well done! Re wrist bands, one on each arm for me please :D

Do you just want new stuff for the raffle or is 2nd hand gear acceptable? I've got a couple of FX thingies that I'm not using, for example

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1489139817' post='3254625']
I assume there's ample parking around the hall?
[/quote]It looks like a decent sized car park on the satellite images and website.

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1489139817' post='3254625']
I assume there's ample parking around the hall?
[/quote]

Yes, loads of parking.

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1489143608' post='3254684']
Do you just want new stuff for the raffle or is 2nd hand gear acceptable? I've got a couple of FX thingies that I'm not using, for example

It looks like a decent sized car park on the satellite images and website.
[/quote]

Used stuff totally acceptable.

[size=5][b][i]BASH BULLETIN![/i][/b][/size]

[b][u]T-shirts[/u][/b] As promised, more info on the 'official' commemorative T-shirts (see pics posted a few days ago): Price is [b]£12[/b] and sizes are as follows:

[b] S[/b] = 38" [b]M[/b] = 42" [b]L[/b] = 44" [b]XL [/b]= 48" [b]XXL [/b]= 52" [b]XXXL[/b] = 56" NOTE: These are the actual physical measurements of the shirts

I've already bought a few samples to identify me and the bash team and check out the quality. If you want one (or more) please pm me so I can put an order together - I'll need your payment by this coming Friday March 17th to ensure that you get yours on the day.

[i][b][u]£££ HELP[/u]!![/b][/i] I've written a cheque for £80 this morning for the hall and Mrs Scrumpy has been spending cash filling our freezer (and part of next door's!!) with home-made goodies for the big day. If you you know you'll be coming and don't mind paying up-front, please pm me. Anyone who pays but can't make it on the day gets a full refund.

[b][i][u]STOP PRESS[/u] - Stephen Chown's contacts at Bass Guitar are giving him some freebie mag's to bring along! [/i][/b] :)

Edited by scrumpymike

[size=5][b][i]RAFFLE LATEST![/i][/b][/size]

List of prizes donated so far:

Leather strap, bottle of scotch, cockrel-shaped watering can, (MSL) Bass Keeper, Mark Stand, Markbass wristband, D'Addario strings, Line 6 Otto filter pedal, Yamaha FX500 multiFX unit/headphone amp, Zender-signed T-shirt, 1m jack-speakon lead, Chowny T-shirt, Bass Guitar mags, a couple of mini-tool kits, surprise box of goodies from Adrian Maruszczyk, an unused set of Rotosound 45-105.

:o It's going to be worth coming for the raffle alone!

Edited by scrumpymike