Why become a member? ×

Any One Do A Royal Blood Cover?

Hobbayne

Having a listen to it, I'd recommend a LOT of practice to get this tight and synchronised with each other.

Tonally:
- Relatively clean bass to keep the fundamentally lows. Plectrum recommended.
- Ask one or both of the guitarists to play with their tone controls on their guitars.
- It may be a case of 'less is more'. Have an experiment on it all and it all depends how zealously close you'll want to get to the original.

Hope it helps! :)

We do figure it out and out of the Black in my band.
Royal blood have basically taken the bass signal, split it and made one sound like a guitar. We just have one guitarist and he just does the bits that sound like guitar.
I'm not sure what I'd do with another guitar other than playing the same. Play a harmony or different octave maybe?

Our drummer wanted to do a Royal Blood number, can't remember which one, but I bought a secondhand Behringer US600 ultra shifter to boost up an octave quite cheap. I think it is meant for lead guitar but worked well with my bass and through distortion on my Zoom pedal sounded quite like the real thing. Then we decided it was not right for us, mainly because the guitarists felt redundant so we dropped it.s

Edited by Shylock

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1486834891' post='3234916']
My lot want to do a cover of Figure It Out, but as its all done on bass with a plethora of effects, I'm not sure how we can rearrange it for two guitars and bass.
How did you guys make it work in a band situation?
[/quote]

We do Figure It Out (and Out Of The Black) in a 2 x guitar / bass / drums set up.

Guitar no. 1 plays the guitar part as per the recording.
Guitar no. 2 (singer) comes in on the chorus
I play the bass as per the recording.

It's not particularly challenging but we usually open with it, and the open E gives me a chance to makes any adjustments.

It's a lot of fun to play, good luck!

We do Little Monster in a 2 x guitar, 1 x bass set up. Took lot of time to get it right, and we all love playing it. But, to be honest, it always bombs so we will probably drop it. We did consider replacing it with Figure it Out but I just think the band are a bit too obscure to get a good reaction.