Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Simonsbass

Simonsbass

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ben bought my Status Kingbass 2 and i'm really annoyed with him fr doing so !!

I miss this bass terribly.....

Okay... he's a thoroughly decent chap, payed me promptly, communicated efficiently and is clearly on of BassChat's best !

But i'm still annoyed with him for taking such a nice bass from my stable !!

[b]For anyone else.... deal with Ben no hesitation he's a top bloke ![/b]

Al the best
Mark

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Simonsbass (Ben) - great fella, just got a sweet bass from him today - very friendly, had a good gear chat and walked away with a new toy!

He was a bit naughty and showed me his new aquisition - when you get tired of that one let me know!

Big thumbs up and recommend to anyone else!

Thanks Ben!

• 4 months later...

Just received My new mini Stingray today, exactly as described, like new.

Ben's great to deal with, excellent comms, friendly to chat with, parcel was bombproof and it arrived when he said.

Deal with confidence, a true gent of the Basschat manor.

Thanks mate.

Tom.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Unfortunately I had a very negative experience with Simonsbass (Ben) early this month, when I sent him £160 for a Darkglass B7k v2 pedal (which I never received).

The thread with Ben went quiet shortly after payment, and he never confirmed that the pedal was shipped (unable to send me a receipt or tracking info).

I noticed that Ben was unloading a large number of high-end basses simultaneously on Basschat, and I began to panic that I may have been scammed.

When I insisted that Ben refund me, the insults and threats arrived (read the screen snapshots for yourself).

Ben ripped me off.  No proof that anything had ever been mailed.  I was scammed.  Please beware.

Scammer_on_Basschat.png

Edited by tvickey
Missing £ sign
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, tvickey said:

When I insisted that Ben refund me, the insults and threats arrived (read the screen snapshots for yourself).

Ben ripped me off.  No proof that anything had ever been mailed.  I was scammed.  Please beware.

UPDATE:  I did receive a refund of my £160 after the Basschat Admins intervened.  Ben originally wanted me to pay by PayPal Friends&Family (which I was apprehensive about), but ultimately I paid Ben by bank transfer (I should have been equally apprehensive---it's the last time I do that without meeting the seller and having the item in-hand!). 

Still no proof that the Darkglass pedal was ever mailed (despite Ben saying that it will take 'weeks' for him to get reimbursed by the postal service for a 'lost' item). 

The barrage of insults and threats didn't stop until Ben was banned from Basschat.  All I wanted was a pedal.  Just crazy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, countjodius said:

Sorry for your bad experience @tvickey, sounds like a dodged a bullet as I was lined up to "buy" Ben's OC-5.  Thankfully no money changed hands, strangely his story to me was that he didn't use PayPal.  Glad you got your money back!

I tried to buy the pedal from him back in late April, and sent him a PM.  At that time he replied asking me to use PayPal F&F to a hotmail email address.  I explained that I didn't want to use F&F, at which point he left the conversation.  Honestly, I've not had good experience with F&F since PayPal once held onto funds that I sent the singer of my band for a t-shirt (they kept it for ~2 weeks while doing 'checks').

The Darkglass pedal advert was 'revived' in August, with a new lower price, and I sent Ben a PM again.  I thought bank transfer would be safe because he had such great feedback here on Basschat! :(

Unfortunately I am the latest in a no doubt long list of people this person has scammed.   I asked him to confirm the Strymon Power Supply had been posted.   He responded with some drivel about other pedals being dropped off in the local shop and perhaps had not been collected.   He also stated that I give a few days and if the item had not arrived he would refund me (alarm bells start ringing)  I asked for tracking number  and he evaded the request (alarm bells clanking now).  The few days plus a few more pass and no item and no reply to my request for refund or the item (I'm now going deaf with the peeling of the large alarm bells ringing in my ears)   Contacted the moderators (Good job by the way guys!!!).   Got the contact number and rang Simon/Ben/Thieving Tw@t eventually went to voicemail.   Left polite message for him to contact me regarding the £155 outstanding.   I'm now in the hurry up wait scenario.   Going to contact police tomorrow.   

Edited by bouvier
corrected spelling
  • Sad 2

I would urge patience here. I bought a bass from Ben during his recent sale. It was exactly as described, well packed and he provided the tracking details in advance.

My only regret is not putting my feedback up more quickly.

I would have no hesitation in dealing with him again.

I received a text from him last night:

Hi it’s Ben from  basschat, can I have your bank details again please? and I’ll sort out your refund for the Zuma ASAP apologies and thanks 

I responded with my bank details.   An hour or so later I received a text containing my comments in the post above.  Followed by 3 more texts as below 

Oh dear !!!

Whistle mate !

After this second text I responded with 

Will be going to the police in the morning.   Don’t bother getting in touch again you can explain yourself to them 

To get the final text

Scum 

• Like 3

It happens very rarely on BC but occasionally we do get untrustworthy sellers. They’re quickly identified but unfortunately sometimes people get caught out along the way. 

Make sure you stick to PayPal and never F&F. 

Cheers

ped

• Like 4

@bouvier, you might also be in the sociopathic rudeness waiting period.  For me this was apparently 24 hours.

FYI: I sent him my bank details for repayment three times.  He already had the necessary details when he claimed that he didn't.

Edited by tvickey