Why become a member? ×

Rag n bone man

ern500evo

I'm sure some of you are aware that our very own Bill (Bill Banwell) is the bass player for Rag n bone man, Bill is a monster player who's fairly local to me, and he's on the Graham Norton show performing tonight. He's had some work done on his custom shop Warwick at the same luthier/tech I use, who speaks very highly of him too.

I've been following Bill on Instagram too, some of his playing in the videos he posts is just frighteningly good! As for the tech, I use a guy called Simon Bamber. His company is called Sico setups, he's got a purpose built workshop at his house. He used to work at Waghorn guitars in Bristol. http://www.sicosetups.co.uk/
He's an absolutely cracking guy to deal with, excellent service and workmanship, good prices and only about 10mins from the Cribbs Causeway exit of the M5 if you're coming from outside Bristol.

[quote name='Skybone' timestamp='1486808609' post='3234650']
Has anyone heard any other Rag'n'Bone Man songs other than "Human"?
[/quote]

Yes - I downloaded Wolves and it is a cracking album. Hugely enjoyable. No 2 tracks sound the same. Highly recommended. I went to see the gig at the Club Academy in Manchester late last year and he cuts it live as well. In fact the whole band were immense. The bass sound was awesome with some really tasteful playing. Have a listen to Guilty and Hell Yeah!

Edited by mr zed

• 4 years later...
6 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Yeah it’s not my normal kinda thing, but definitely watchable, it looks like bill is playing a jazz bass elite 5

Think you’re right, and he certainly plays some good stuff on it too, def not a case of bass there to make up the numbers on this show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Just watching it, am not a fan but he has a really strong voice, and a proper band playing, plus he genuinely looks like he’s having the time of his life up there. I think I approve.

Really enjoyed the programme, great singer with a wonderful band. Thought the rhythm section were superb, as well as the backing vocalists.