Why become a member? ×

Plans for a Nationwide event?

ChunkyMunky

• 1 month later...

Define 'national'?! Plenty of people travel a little distance to 'local' bashes :)
There used to be a 'UK Bass Day' in Manchester, however I think it's essentially been superseded by the London Bass Guitar Show (which has just happened).
Other than that, absolutely, support your local bashes, and build yourself up to the next London show March 2018, lots of BCers go and BC usually have a stall of some description.

Si

[quote name='ChunkyMunky' timestamp='1486640070' post='3233422']
How was it?
[/quote]

Very happy memories and lots of very cool bass gear. Indeed it was 'the early days' as the forum was still known as BassWorld back then!

I went to both the Northampton ones, very enjoyable but it made me realise just how pedestrian a player I was (watching Dood almost made me give up the instrument entirely). It was nice to meet people from outside my local area. If an 'allcomers' one was arranged in Northampton again I'd certainly make the effort if I was available.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1490272384' post='3263793']
I went to both the Northampton ones, very enjoyable but it made me realise just how pedestrian a player I was (watching Dood almost made me give up the instrument entirely). It was nice to meet people from outside my local area. If an 'allcomers' one was arranged in Northampton again I'd certainly make the effort if I was available.
[/quote]

:blush: Awwww bless you! It was all smoke and mirrors! :drinks: - Yup I'm up for another! It has been a while since I have been able to get out to any Bass Bash get togethers. :party:

Nationwide would need to be more central rather than 400miles away in London. Its not even central for England let alone UK.
I usually visit my local bash in Moffat when i can.
Like the idea of Manchester as its reasonably easy to get to and a bit more central.

We've discussed one up here in Scotland but somewhere more central between Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth and Inverness but seemed to fade away like a lot of the great ideas.
I guess someone really needs to have the time and effort to make it happen rather than talk about it ...........ah well maybe someday :rolleyes:

Dave