Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

Sign in to follow this  
ChunkyMunky

Plans for a Nationwide event?

Back in the early days, 2005 & 2006 I think, we had two national Bass Bashes at a hotel just off the M1 near Northampton.

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1486638825' post='3233409']
Back in the early days, 2005 & 2006 I think, we had two national Bass Bashes at a hotel just off the M1 near Northampton.
[/quote]

How was it?

Support your local events....you need to ask yourself how far you'd be prepared to travel to Bash.

Define 'national'?! Plenty of people travel a little distance to 'local' bashes :)
There used to be a 'UK Bass Day' in Manchester, however I think it's essentially been superseded by the London Bass Guitar Show (which has just happened).
Other than that, absolutely, support your local bashes, and build yourself up to the next London show March 2018, lots of BCers go and BC usually have a stall of some description.

Si

[quote name='ChunkyMunky' timestamp='1486640070' post='3233422']
How was it?
[/quote]

Very happy memories and lots of very cool bass gear. Indeed it was 'the early days' as the forum was still known as BassWorld back then!

As soon as I joined, they abandoned the idea.

News like me soon gets around.

Posted (edited)

One in a hotel with a decent bar somewhere accessible sounds fun...

Although I suspect that would end up being more of a beer bash than a bass bash... mind you either suits me.

Edited by CamdenRob

I went to both the Northampton ones, very enjoyable but it made me realise just how pedestrian a player I was (watching Dood almost made me give up the instrument entirely). It was nice to meet people from outside my local area. If an 'allcomers' one was arranged in Northampton again I'd certainly make the effort if I was available.

I might see if I can get something on the cards in the future :)

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1490272384' post='3263793']
I went to both the Northampton ones, very enjoyable but it made me realise just how pedestrian a player I was (watching Dood almost made me give up the instrument entirely). It was nice to meet people from outside my local area. If an 'allcomers' one was arranged in Northampton again I'd certainly make the effort if I was available.
[/quote]

:blush: Awwww bless you! It was all smoke and mirrors! :drinks: - Yup I'm up for another! It has been a while since I have been able to get out to any Bass Bash get togethers. :party:

I went to the second national one. Still got the pics somewhere! Yes, it was a bloody good day and I'd be interested in another one in the same sort of area.

I'm so up for a Nationwide event that I've already written the theme music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO0GQrYV5oQ

And if your name was Frank Bough, wouldn't you put a lot of effort into persuading people to pronounce it "Bow" rather than "Boff"?

It would have been more fun to pronounce it "Boo". :lol:

A friend of mine's surname is "Gough" - Goff - we remind him that it is spelt the same as "rough/tough" so must be "Guff"

And of course The Police later wrote a song about one of the presenters, Sue Lawley ;)

Nationwide would need to be more central rather than 400miles away in London. Its not even central for England let alone UK.
I usually visit my local bash in Moffat when i can.
Like the idea of Manchester as its reasonably easy to get to and a bit more central.

We've discussed one up here in Scotland but somewhere more central between Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth and Inverness but seemed to fade away like a lot of the great ideas.
I guess someone really needs to have the time and effort to make it happen rather than talk about it ...........ah well maybe someday :rolleyes:

Dave