Why become a member? ×

Cheesy songs you just love.

mikel

Recently I have been listening to "Bed of Roses" by Bon Jovi. Cheesy as hell but I love listening to it, and singing it in the car at full volume. I would never play it on bass or want it in any set but I still cant get enough of that cheese. Anyone else have any cheesy song secrets?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1486550663' post='3232626']
Joe Walsh? Cheese? :-0

For me, I've got a real soft spot for 70s LA cheese.

Afternoon Delight, Let Your Love Flow, that kind of thing. Fab.
[/quote]

Nice one. How are things in the Geordie Delta today? We are looking to move back to Tynemouth this year, money permitting. I need to come home.

Edited by mikel

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1486550226' post='3232623']
I have another one for you. "Morning town Ride" The Seekers. If it comes on the radio I get a nice warm feeling and find I can remember every word of the lyrics.
[/quote]

Goosepimples every time; childhood memories putting sixpence in the jukebox at Aldo's cafe, Blackpool South Shore.

I'm really enjoying playing The Final Countdown in my band at the moment. Nothing remotely challenging to play and it is an absolute cheese fest but it's bouncy and fun and the crowds are loving it. Same goes for Don't Stop Believing now that I think about it.
Not really one for listening to too much of what I'd class as cheese at home though.

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]'You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet' by Bachman-Turner Overdrive.[/font][/color][/size]
[color=#000000][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]The Stutter is Pure Edam.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]'More Than A Feeling' - [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Boston.[/font][/color]

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1486550094' post='3232622']
Girls Aloud? now that's real cheese, but Joe Walsh? You will have to do better than that mate.
[/quote]
Lyrics are pure gorgonzola, and the cod reggae bit nothing short of vintage comte. Bl00dy perfect 😊

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1486549048' post='3232605']
Recently I have been listening to "Bed of Roses" by Bon Jovi. Cheesy as hell but I love listening to it, and singing it in the car at full volume. I would never play it on bass or want it in any set but I still cant get enough of that cheese. Anyone else have any cheesy song secrets?
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but the couplet 'I want to be, just as close as, The Holy Ghost...s' is just so arse-clenchingly poor that it disqualifies it. One of the worst lyrics of all time. If it has to be that sorta By Jovi thing, then Blaze Of Glory's virtually the same thing, with a little less clenching... :D

I do like a bit of 80's inspirational movie cheese. "You're the Best" from The Karate Kid is one that never fails to cheer me up. The one 80's theme that reigns supreme, however, is the theme song to the classic [i]Yor, the Hunter from the Future[/i]. Right from the opening chant of "Yor's world - he's the man!" it's a slice of absolutely magnificent Italo-cheese. Honestly, this isn't even a guilty pleasure of mine, I really love this song. It's got some great bass as well. It's almost impossible to hear it and not want to play it again immediately after.
[media]https://youtu.be/64Rgw5DxBU0[/media]

Edit: I've seen people embed videos here, but I can't figure out how to make it work.

Edited by ZilchWoolham

[quote name='ZilchWoolham' timestamp='1486569405' post='3232877']
Edit: I've seen people embed videos here, but I can't figure out how to make it work.
[/quote]

[b]Delete the 's' from the 'http'[/b]

EDIT: This video is f**k all to do with me. Just postingthe Cheese on behalf of 'ZilchWoolham' (above). :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Rgw5DxBU0&feature=youtu.be