Why become a member? ×

WELCOME!!

Kiwi

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='4' date='May 16 2007, 09:46 PM']I just want to say a few shouts out first to:

[b]Phatmonkey[/b] - for being the technical genius behind this forum. If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't be enjoying the slick and secure site we now have.
[b]Ped[/b] - for dealing with Gerard in a way that I just don't have the patience or skills for.
[b]The Moderating team[/b] - particularly Slaphappygarry, Dood, Lukeward2004 and Machines for their advice and support. We're lucky to have them onboard.[/quote]

[size=5]+1[/size] Thanks from me too guys!

Hamster

Eegads! I swear this site is so fast that it loads before I've even clicked the mouse. All we need now is some 'Basschat.co.uk' branding and a slick new theme and we'll be ready to provide bassists the world over with the best content for their bass playing needs.

:)
Hi, glad I found you all again. Well done for all the hard work by those involved. Certainly keeps me on my toes all this moving around. I took the opportunity to change my username from graham, though you wouldn't know me as I'd only made a few posts in the couple of years I'd been a member. Good to be here.

Graham

I'd just like to add a big thank you for all the work you guys have put in. If I'm honest I'm a bit fed up with all the moving around and losses involved but you guys are in the driving seat.

So, did I say thank you :)

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='2009' date='May 19 2007, 07:28 AM']I'd just like to add a big thank you for all the work you guys have put in. If I'm honest I'm a bit fed up with all the moving around and losses involved but you guys are in the driving seat.

So, did I say thank you :)[/quote]

We're fed up too, but our choices are very limited. In terms of the bigger picture, its the best way for us to make sure everyone has a forum which isn't shut down in the face of potential legal action. Thanks again Pete and everyone else for coming over.

[color="#800080"][b]MacDaddy & The Dalek are in the house![/b][/color]

member 369 and a newbie ? Well it's good we are quickly growing, but I'll have to sort out the newbie status otherwise the bigger boys will be stealing my lunch money at playtime :)

Kudos to everyone one involved is getting us here, and hopefully [i]keeping [/i]us here! :huh:

Edited by MacDaddy

Hi Gang!

Fancy meeting you here . . .

I read the "copy & paste" reply to the "how do we copy old BW/BT threads in here" question, but I'm not clear on that.

Do we copy the URL of the thread we want brought over and paste that into a new topic thread on here?

If there is only one way to keep all of that old good stuff, how about a post of specific instructions on how to go about doing it. In real simple steps, assuming the reader knows very little about that kind of thing. :huh:

Should we all copy over our own threads that we'd like to be perpetuated? Or should we all copy over those threads we like regardless of who started them?

Sorry to labour it, but I really think all the old BW/BT content is worth the effort of figuring out a way to get it all one here.

Let's get rockin!

Mark

PS: I guess member #64 is okay, though my BT number (404) had something quirky about it. Can't quite place it, though - I'm drawing a blank :) .

Edited by Phaedrus

• 4 weeks later...

loving the loading times guys, can we get that crazy bass back that was at the top of BW wasn't it some kind of limited edition thumb?? or we could have a poll to see what bass ppl wanted at the top. Might cause a few scraps tho, i can see the 8 string singlecut custom vs 60's fender jazz arguments unfolding as I type :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

THANKS!
This site/forum is awesome so i think we've got you guys to thank for putting it together. Its really great to have a place where everything you ever need to know about the Bass is together, with lots of friendly and knowledgeble people, happy to pass on tips and advice.
Good luck and keep up the good work!
Rich