Why become a member? ×

Barefaced cab covers.

Marty Forrer

Just thought I'd put this out there. I have two BF One10 cabs and these will likely be the last cabs I ever buy. So, I invested in a pair of BF covers for them. Gotta say, they are so well made, so well padded and fit so well, they are well worth the 50 pounds each. I could have got some made for cheaper, but I'm glad I went with these.

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1486545081' post='3232566']
I bought two Roqsolid ones for the cabs that I bought, they're great. I then bought another Barefaced (used) that came wit a Roqsolid cover and it's nowhere near as good. Odd.
[/quote]

they do make at least three different grades

[quote name='Marty Forrer' timestamp='1485981102' post='3228285']
Just thought I'd put this out there. I have two BF One10 cabs and these will likely be the last cabs I ever buy. So, I invested in a pair of BF covers for them. Gotta say, they are so well made, so well padded and fit so well, they are well worth the 50 pounds each. I could have got some made for cheaper, but I'm glad I went with these.
[/quote]

Glad to hear it!

These are our new Barefaced covers, not the Roqsolid ones we used to supply. Thicker padding, neater seams. We like them a lot!

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1486554643' post='3232666']
My Barefaced branded (Roqsolid) cover is well made and gives good protection to my BB2 but... it's about an inch too short! How that happened I have no idea?

Frank.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear about this - QC problems like this were one reason we changed manufacturer. If you'd let us know at the time we'd have been able to get this exchanged with Roqsolid for a correctly made cover.

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1486557736' post='3232724']
Sorry to hear about this - QC problems like this were one reason we changed manufacturer. If you'd let us know at the time we'd have been able to get this exchanged with Roqsolid for a correctly made cover.
[/quote]

Surprised to hear this, I've ordered 3 roqsolid covers for my Barefaced cabs and they've all been perfect.

Roqsolid made me a cover for my Super Twin, but as mine was the first cab off the line, the cover had the cutouts for the handles in the wrong place. Rectified free of charge very quickly by Roqsolid, and the cover has now seen over 3 years service and is in fine shape (as is the cab!).

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1486554643' post='3232666']
My Barefaced branded (Roqsolid) cover is well made and gives good protection to my BB2 but... it's about an inch too short! How that happened I have no idea?

Frank.
[/quote]

I guess you had a very new BB2 and it just grew a bit ...
:P

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1486558340' post='3232732']Surprised to hear this, I've ordered 3 roqsolid covers for my Barefaced cabs and they've all been perfect.[/quote]

If 1 in 3 had been wrong we'd have changed years ago! But we sell a lot of covers and even 1 a month wrong is annoying, especially if it's gone to an overseas customers.

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1486557584' post='3232723']
Glad to hear it!

These are our new Barefaced covers, not the Roqsolid ones we used to supply. Thicker padding, neater seams. We like them a lot!
[/quote]

ah! I had no idea you switched. Have you switched for the whole range?

I've always gone to Roqsolid for the various cabs and combos I've owned as they've been alright. The cover for my old MarkBass CMD121P combo was slightly long (maybe they gave me the extra inch that they removed from the BB2 earlier ;)) but I had no issues. I always went for their thicker grade, but something a bit more solid would not be a bad idea so that's good to know. I bought a Two10 a few months ago and ordered a cover from Roqsolid instead of directly from you because I thought they were the same and I wanted a couple of extras (like covering the bottom and fastened with velcro, as I sometimes end up carrying several things with a hand-truck and it protects the bottom from damage)... I'll remember this for next time 'though, as I'm pretty sure I'll get another Two10 later in the year.

[quote name='largo' timestamp='1486573679' post='3232932']
I have a pair of One10 cabs & went with the Roqsolid Cajon bags. Not a perfect fit, but they protect all sides of the One10 cabs and have a zip & carry handles. Every time I carry the cabs, I hear shouts of "pizza delivery"...
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1486557736' post='3232724']
[/quote]

It's not a big problem really Alex because the cab only moves from my house to the car, into the gig and back and I'm pretty careful anyway.

The BB2 with the Thunderfunk amp continues to get positive comments from musicians and punters alike, that's what [b][i]really[/i][/b] matters.

Frank.

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1486578923' post='3232998']

It's not a big problem really Alex because the cab only moves from my house to the car, into the gig and back and I'm pretty careful anyway.

The BB2 with the Thunderfunk amp continues to get positive comments from musicians and punters alike, that's what [b][i]really[/i][/b] matters.

Frank.
[/quote]

Thunderfunk and barefaced do seem to be a good combination..

My first Big Twin II cover was bought from Roqsolid. It lasted about a year and the stitching gave way and the lining fell apart from the outer cover. I only play around 40 gigs a year. The handle cut-outs were slightly off too. I bought another one from Roqsolid, the handle cut-outs were better, the cover seemed better made but the cover is approx 1.5" too long so the bottom edge drags as the cab is tilted on its castors and pulled along.

I don't see a Hot Covers product listed for Barefaced?