Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz US American Traditional SOLD
£500

Shylock

Serial Number N901604 dating it 1999/2000

There is limited and conflicting information on the web about the story behind this model which appears to have been put together with a left over 1983 one piece scratch plate and other bits in the US factory. I believe it was the forerunner to the Highway models.

I also believe they were export only and were only made for a couple of years. Says made in USA and American Traditional in small script on the headstock.

I didn't quite take to the white control knobs and replaced them with usual jazz black ones, which I prefer, but both sets are included.

In addition I replaced the pots as I thought weak, being B500k mini pots and a 0.683uf capacitor. I obtained full size 250 pots with 0.47uf cap from KiOgon and certainly made an improvement but the original harness is also included and can easily be swapped back.

These are the only two mods made and the bass is in excellent condition. I can find no chips or scratches apart from two of the usual hairline cracks either side of the neck which do not show up on photographs and can hardly be seen.

I am the second owner the first, who had until this time last year, was a guitarist and only bought it in case the bassist did not turn up at gigs. Mainly left in the case and explains excellent condition and almost zero fret wear.

It comes with a non Fender (one was not provided with this model) but period black tolex covered wooden case which is also in good condition.

It has a fast neck, quite light at 9.4ib and sounds just like a great jazz bass.

Looking for £450 collect only and not really looking for trades on this at the moment as I have eyes on another bass.

[attachment=236949:P1011630.JPG] [attachment=236950:Jazz#4.JPG] [attachment=236951:P1011568.JPG] [attachment=236952:P1011570.JPG] [attachment=236953:P1011573.JPG] [attachment=236954:P1011575.JPG]

Edited by Shylock