Why become a member? ×

Bizarre song requests

Bassmonkey

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1486488553' post='3232230']

Like what? We do love machine, thats pretty gender specific. Hard pressed to think of something we wouldn't do.
Sisters of mercy did jolene, that worked ok.
[/quote]
You're right of course. I only put that caveat in there thinking if I hadn't I'd have been shot down in flames 😊

[quote name='BobVbass' timestamp='1486497575' post='3232329']
Someone asked us if we could play some Easter songs once - *blank look* ummm
[/quote]
Chick Chick Chick Chick Chicken, Lay a little egg for me. I haven't had one since Easter, and now it's half past three.

Apart from that, I'm drawing a blank!

Doh, forgot this - I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet - don't write 'em like that any more (thank goodness)! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYac9O3GYTM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYac9O3GYTM[/url]

Edited by Mykesbass

I had a gig that had specified 'Scottish Country Dancing' - bearing in mind that I was running a soul & reggae sound system............I left messages suggesting that they brought their preferred choice of music for me to play..........sure enough they didn't & I spent most of the evening in the bar. Never worked there again, thank goodness (oh yes, and it was, apparently, all 'my' fault - f off)

:ph34r:

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1485935027' post='3227757']
Never really got the issue with blokes doing songs originally by women or vice versa. Tina herself did it with Proud Mary. Obviously there are very gender specific songs that wouldn't work.
[/quote]

I could've understood it if it was a specific song, but nope, it's always "Do you do any Tina Turner?" What, like the dance? :D

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1485929568' post='3227736']
We're a blues/rock 70s Vintage Midwestern Bar band.

"Do we play what by Rush?"

Blue
[/quote]

As daft as it sounds, the trio I'm playing in managed to shoehorn a Rush tune into the middle of a mostly blues-rock set on Saturday. Or at least, about half of one, since we segued into it from another song. The drummer is a massive Rush fan and the guitarist reckoned it would be fun. Surprisingly it went down OK.