Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger Fusion 550

Damonjames

1 minute ago, AScheck9 said:

Any update on this? Interested, as the amp is on my list, but I've had a dodgy experience with polar also.

They sold me a duff speaker, I sent it back for them to fix, which they didn't, I had to send it back again but got a full refund. Not out of pocket at least!

I've not used the amp in anger yet.  I'm sticking with my Subway 800 til I get chance to try the Fusion out in a rehearsal, which we haven't had since I got it (too busy gigging 😎). I'll post soonest.

• Like 1

Still not received anything.  I went direct to GK and they told me I refused their offer of sending it direct to me, but they wanted £180 just for delivery.  Polar apologised and said they had trouble sourcing the part from GK, which is a lie as it is an off the shelf product.  Towards the end of October they told me mid-November ETA, and am yet to hear anything back and I just cant bring myself to contact them to be told another date.  I am pretty much resigned to the fact that i'll be using my trace elliot back up rig for a while yet.  My back is nackered and last gig it cut out half way through, gave it a whack and it came back on.  I dont have money to purchase a back up for my back up!!  I am desperately miserable about the situation to the point of me quitting live music for a time out.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gt4ever said:

Still not received anything.  I went direct to GK and they told me I refused their offer of sending it direct to me, but they wanted £180 just for delivery.  Polar apologised and said they had trouble sourcing the part from GK, which is a lie as it is an off the shelf product.  Towards the end of October they told me mid-November ETA, and am yet to hear anything back and I just cant bring myself to contact them to be told another date.  I am pretty much resigned to the fact that i'll be using my trace elliot back up rig for a while yet.  My back is nackered and last gig it cut out half way through, gave it a whack and it came back on.  I dont have money to purchase a back up for my back up!!  I am desperately miserable about the situation to the point of me quitting live music for a time out.

As has been mentioned ad nauseum, Polar are awful. They're worse than awful but there's a swear filter on this board. Maybe point Bob and Jason at GK to this thread? GK themselves are brilliant.

1 minute ago, Japhet said:

Was interested in a Fusion 550. Think I'll give it a miss now.

It's mitigated by the facts the GK amps are themselves inherently reliable so they don't break often and the nature of their construction means that they can often be worked on by independent techs when they do.

3 hours ago, gt4ever said:

Got anybody in America that can act as a delivery drop? Get gk to send it to them and they post it for less than 180?

3 hours ago, Jack said:

As has been mentioned ad nauseum, Polar are awful. They're worse than awful but there's a swear filter on this board. Maybe point Bob and Jason at GK to this thread? GK themselves are brilliant.

I spoke to Jason from Day one back in June and he fobbed me off to Polar and then a couple of months later offered to ship it to me for £180 if I wanted it sooner.  Cant afford that and now over 5 months on I am still without my amp!

2 hours ago, AScheck9 said:

Got anybody in America that can act as a delivery drop? Get gk to send it to them and they post it for less than 180?

Yeah man I do and have been offered that. The problem is that polarhave my money and the part is in transit.

30 minutes ago, gt4ever said:

It is a monster amp with the famous GK growl, I just got unlucky

I'm sure it sounds great. I had a MB Fusion 500 which was lovely. I only sold it to pay some bills and have regretted it on many occasions. I'm not a fan of the motorised controls though - looks like a big repair bill waiting to happen to me.