Why become a member? ×

SALE/TRADE 1979 MM Sting Ray Bass

Presidente

Gorgeous but hardly used Music Man Sting Ray 1979. Paint is worn, the body has many nicks and dents and the finish has gone away in some areas. All in all a nicely "reliced" piece. No breaks. Everything is original down to the original screws, except for the volume pot that was changed by one of the prior owners (the original pot is NOT included). Also missing the original muting system from the bridge and 2 little holes were drilled and further closed in the neck pocket (maybe to fit a 4 bolt neck. Anyways drills are invisible when the neck plate is on). Frets have little wear and still a lot of life in it. Killer fat sound coming out of this bass.
It’s the first time I write on this forum, I’ve no post so, I know, I can’t appear good looking. Although I can say that the bass was purchased from my friend Hiperion about one and half year ago and well cared. The bass comes with a Music Man hardshell case (not the original from ‘79 but a recent one). Lookin’ for 1900 euros plus shipping. Interested in a trade with early 70 Fender P bass (only 100% original, no refin, no refret, no routes added, no parts changed) with rosewood fingerboard.

Images available here: [url="http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u118/Simoneisidoro/"]http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u118/Simoneisidoro/[/url]

Honestly, I think it's at the top end of the price range for these so it might be a bit pricey, but it's more to do with the fact that not many people can afford the cost, especially at the moment. You have to remember it's a pretty niche bass not everyone is going to want it.

Also you'll find there is a deal of scepticism about people who only turn up to sell stuff, which is how this looks.

In my honest assessment apart from the fact that pre-EBs look cool they aren't really any better than an early 90s one, I may get pillioried for this but if you check my sig you'll see I have both myself so do have some idea what I'm on about.

It's a lovely bass, but I can't see many people paying a couple of grand for a Stingray, as much as I love them.

If you were in the UK, and were asking for offers around the high hundreds, and I had that kind of money, I'd be contacting you, but it's a negative on all those points for me.

Very very nice bass, and I wish you luck in selling it.