Why become a member? ×

bright clangy bass sound !?

zawinul

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1486256548' post='3230442']
They are both pretty bright but you'd probably want the steel ones. I've no idea what the difference is between the standard steels and the Marcus version though! They are very low tension however, I put a set on the same as my usual gauge and found I needed to change the setup quite a bit.
[/quote]

I want high tension strings amy recommendations for bright high tension strings please?

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, dudewheresmybass said:

For this kind of tone I use a passive bass w roto swing bass, a very heavy right hand, a combination of an ehx bass soul food, an orange burst by caline, a mid boosted eq, and a loud rig with lots of 10" speakers

14 minutes ago, chrismuzz said:

Passive bass, preferably with single coils, steel roundwounds, low action, and a decent drive pedal. Sansamp will do the job easily enough!

Combination of the above, Precision, Roto Steel Rounds, Sansamp, 410 (& 210 if needed).

• Like 1

I find the Dunlops less 'clangy' than Rotos, which are my choice. TBH, I can get a clangy sound out of pretty much anything, playing with fingers or pick (and I play pretty gently), and I don't even use tweeters. I struggle to get the opposite! I do have very low action and a straight neck though.