Why become a member? ×

Evolve Pact New Brit bass?

Joebethell

With the fancy top and the flamed neck I must say it looks more expensive than it is. What gives it away though, I feel, are the pickups and knobs which give off a bit of a "cheapo anonymous eBay bass" vibe. If the pickups have a standard soapbar footprint you could always toss in a pair of Barts or something similar. It would be interesting to hear a more detailed demo.

Edited by ZilchWoolham

The "About" page says they're made in UK or Korea; I'm not sure what the hardware & electronics are.

So the question is whether these are cheap imports with a markup; one of the tell-tale signs is the over-glossy finish on the body.

That said, I have a (very) cheap Chinese bass and it is really quite good (after a bit of setting up and judicious use of a hacksaw!).

And it is good to see a bass which isn't just a partsblaster P- or J-.

At that price it's Korean made, assembled in Britain at best.

The body shape is interesting. I'm sure it would look better in natural colour wood but that veneer top looks ugly to me. I don't like the "thick marmalade" colour stain.

Edited by Grangur

I asked the question sent an email and they are made in small batches in Korea. Will only be 4 made all in the same finish but I didn't ask if that is a first run and will follow with more or not.
They did say handmade not in a factory but small workshop.

I haven't taken it any further though.

Edited by Joebethell

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1485730217' post='3226288']
Incidentally the ACG does not seem to be a model that ACG have on their own website.
[/quote]

For some reason they have called it the Lightspeed when it's actually the Border Reiver but with a headstock (http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/standard-border-revier/) Not really sure why they had to rename it....

[quote name='BassApprentice' timestamp='1485765020' post='3226408']

For some reason they have called it the Lightspeed when it's actually the Border Reiver but with a headstock (http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/standard-border-revier/) Not really sure why they had to rename it....
[/quote]

Cos that's what middlemen do?! Lol

Si

• 6 months later...

Did anybody buy one ? Just came across them on ebay - the body looks nice but headstock looks horrible.Don't think I'd part with £500 for one as it would be dffcult to resell. £300 would be nearer the mark for me.
20mm string spacing on a shortscale seems wrong.

Edited by edstraker123