Why become a member? ×

Peavey T40

ProfJames

[quote name='ProfJames' timestamp='1487538254' post='3240653']
Can you expand please?
[/quote]Simple really. One Peavey generally leads to another. Your G-bass lead to white T40 which lead to another T40 and bids on T45 & T20.
If you don't count factory fretless,5 & 6 string options and variations like Ferrites to VFL pickups then there's at least 24 Peavey models for you to explore.

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1487542668' post='3240702']
Simple really. One Peavey generally leads to another. Your G-bass lead to white T40 which lead to another T40 and bids on T45 & T20.
If you don't count factory fretless,5 & 6 string options and variations like Ferrites to VFL pickups then there's at least 24 Peavey models for you to explore.
[/quote]

I thought you meant different versions of the T bass!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed a price rise on all USA Peaveys in the last week.

There was about 20 on Music Go Round under $200,but when I looked last night everything was over $200.Heard from a friend in Meridian this morning,he'd just picked up a trans purple TL-5 with a $100 Bart preamp for $310.

Just put a bid on a Dyna bass, A1 supposedly, in excess of $300. Searching for a T20 and T45 but nothing around. I let a T45 go as it got close to $425 so with shipping it would take it to $625.....I can wait but the Dyna has een recommended by an old blues player in the States. Lives in Alabama and worked for Peavey for 30 years.

Another T40 at $700...........................

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peavey-T-40-Bass-Black-82/282378589909?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D41375%26meid%3D1137641a8d1a4d03bb6b7c6d0c75913f%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D282376099358

I just picked up a sunrise red/maple, or is it razor red? I've heard both names used. Red ones are super rare so I'm stoked.. I'm offshore and it's home waiting for me. Next purchase... a wide strap. Have to admit, I paid top dollar for it.. but I'd have paid more👍

Nice sunfire red T40. Just awaiting delivery of a black, A1 Dyna bass Mk. One, 1987, twin super ferrites, active/passive switch . Not cheap but worth it. See how it compares to the T40 and G bass

Edited by ProfJames

@ProfJames

I reckon you'll be very happy with the Dynabass. To my mind it was the point Peavey took bass guitar seriously
There's a wee trim pot on the PCB adjusts the preamp output so you can fine tune active vs passive volume.

Hope you don't have too long to wait for it .

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1487564595' post='3240760']
No. Lucky there,just 3 or 4. Toasters & Blades, Fretless and there's also a Rosewood fretboard version.
[/quote]

Got a rosewood fretboard on the Dyna.......looks good, photos later hopefully

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]On Facebook..........Bass players market UK..........this is cheap...........[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=inherit][size=4][font=inherit][font=inherit][b][font=inherit]1982/3 Peavey T-40 Bass[/font][/b][/font]

[font=inherit][color=#71A830][font=inherit]£450[/font][/color][/font][/font]

[font=inherit][font=inherit]Pros:
American made Peavey T-40
Comes with very sturdy case
Natural Finish
Maple 4-piece bolt-on Neck
Northern Ash body (quite heavy)
2 Passive Peavey Blade Humbuckers
Three-way pickup selector
2 Volume, 2 Tone
Phase Switch
Massive Peavey Bridge
Wide string spacing for a 4-string
American made and what some might call 'vintage,' so should hold/appreciate in value[/font]
[font=inherit]Cons
-Case is missing its foam
-Probably in need of a truss rod tweak, as action is quite high at the moment[/font]
[font=inherit]I'm based in Maidstone/Canterbury[/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/font][/color]

G bass just gone up for sale........................................................
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit][b]
[font=inherit]Peavey G-Bass (graphite neck, made in USA, mint!)[/font][/b][/font][font=inherit]
[color=#71A830][font=inherit]
£499[/font][/color][color=#90949C][font=inherit]
Thrapston[/font][/color][/font][/font][font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
I am mostly interested in trading my G-Bass for a 6-string, as I have recently switched to 6-strings and need to replace the beat-up Ibanez SR506 I'm currently using. So let me know what 6-string you'd like to trade! Would prefer something Japanese or Korean, but I'm open minded! Here are the details about the G-Bass:[/font][font=inherit]
Peavey G-Bass 4-string
MINT CONDITION
Made in the USA (late 1990s)
[font=inherit]Graphite neck
Active electronics
35" scale
1.5" Graphlon topnut
21 frets[/font][/font][font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
Original hardshell case (including all case candy)
Black with metalflake finish (pics don't do it justice, looks incredible under stage lighting)
Currently strung with a 130 and tuned to C, but can easily be returned to standard tuning.
Plays like a dream. Sounds perfect. Studio quiet, and is equipped with the same VFL pickup found in the top-of-the-line Cirrus.[/font][font=inherit]
Additional pictures can be taken if necessary.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[url="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154142041932315&set=pcb.1263498867032193&type=3"][/url][/font][font=inherit]
[url="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154142041927315&set=pcb.1263498867032193&type=3"][/url][/font][/font][/font]