Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender Precision MIM w/Jazz Neck (custom)
£350

rhythmbug

In preparation for a big move to the other side of the world I'm selling off a bunch of my possessions. Here is one of them.
I bought this 4 years ago, it already had a bunch of modifications done by the previous owner, and I added a few. Year is unknown as the neck is not original, but thought to be early 2000's.

Body - Mexican Precision
Neck - All Parts Maple Jazz neck with black block inlays, high gloss varnish, Fender decal on headstock, painted to match body colour. Frets measure 38mm at the nut, 55mm at the 12th fret approx
Bridge - Gotoh 201 high mass
Pickguard - White Pearl
Pick ups - Original MIM
Controls - Passive, Kiogon wiring loom w/500k pots & 0.02uf capacitor
Chrome pick up cover, bridge cover and finger rest (entirely removable)

The neck is very fast. I had the frets levelled and crowned by The Bass Gallery in Camden. They did an amazing job. It is capable of very low action. I was going for a brighter sound with this bass. The treble and upper mids are more pronounced than a typical P.

The nut was filed to suit heavy gauge strings for tuning down to C. It is currently strung with Pro Steels 45-105 (regular gauge) and I have shimmed under the nut to accommodate them. Though regular/light string players may wish to use a new nut.

The bass did take some knocks during it's life (entirely not my fault) that resulted in chips to the paintwork at the bottom of the body. I did a basic repair to this area, the wood remains exposed as you can see. The section of the pickguard at the jack end broke off, but it's held in place by a pickguard screw, it's cosmetic only really. There's a crack to the paint at the neck joint. This bass is not in perfect condition but has a lot of character! Would suit a player seeking a brighter sounding P with lots of snap and upper mid zing, suitable for downtuning players / heavy gauge and a faster, thinner neck .

[s]I have located the original Fender cardboard box - add £10 for courier delivery to UK.[/s]

Cheers

Mike

[size=6]SOLD[/size]

Edited by rhythmbug

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers fellas. Here are some pics of the nut (it was also fitted by the Bass Gallery, I just remembered). I shimmed it using a couple of layers of 350gsm card.
The repair area was superglued around the edges and sanded back smooth.

Edited by rhythmbug