Why become a member? ×

The worst song you have ever heard.?

bubinga5

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1488468317' post='3249224']
I'm sure the Mods will arrange for your expulsion as soon as they read your post.
[/quote]
Not me. That Pie thing bores the arse off me too. :)

[quote name='timhiggins' timestamp='1485654086' post='3225647']
Dont know if this has made it in yet but it gets my vote ...utter sh*te you can take it and ram at right up your jaxy !
[media]http://youtu.be/p47fEXGabaY[/media]
[/quote]

Aw c'mON how many tunes are there out there these days with a six string bass solo in 'em? Great band.....

Many years ago I had a competition with my Brother to find the worst record. He came up with 'Side by Side' by Peter Shilton and Ray Clemence. That was appalling but I think I pipped him with 'It's Only a Game' by Brian Clough which was mind bogglingly awful. For truly sh*te songs look no further than footballers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9YxYkQPqAg

Have some of that!

Edited by Japhet

[quote name='ivansc' timestamp='1488820062' post='3252071']

Jealous?

:lol:
[/quote]

No, it's a very genuine dislike of the whole Jamiroquai sound, their songs and JK's vocal stylings. It actually makes my skin crawl and toes curl up ( as the saying goes)..

Lots of other artists I'd consider myself to be a little envious of though; either for their talent, success, seemingly wonderful life etc, but definitely not Jamiroquai.

Cher 'Believe', with its autotune vocals, is one of the worst abominations of music I've ever had the misfortune to listen to.

And a fairly recent Robbie Williams song, I think is called Candy, which is just utter tripe.

We have the radio on in work and whenever either of them comes on there's a dash to turn the thing off.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Naetharu' timestamp='1488467718' post='3249219']
For me it was a supporting band at the Brixton Academy. It was around 2000/2001 and I was there to see Placebo. People were sitting around on the floor and generally milling about as you do before a gig. I seem to recall they were playing The Beatles over the PA. And then these three chaps came wondering on stage.

They fiddle around for a bit and then started to 'check' the equipment. Honestly, I thought it was a sound check for perhaps the first 30 seconds of their first song. The guitar player was making odd and somewhat out of time ambient noises through more effects pedals than I can possibly account for. The bass player was burping away on root notes seemingly in a different key to the guitar player. The drums were ok I guess. And then a funny man in dungerees started bounding around and rapping in cocky rhyming slang. To this day I have no idea who the band were, and never before or since have I come across something quite so odd.
[/quote]

Was it Mercury Rev?

I can't believe that brilliant artists like Meatloaf and Bowie are being lumped in here, while no-one has mentioned Grandma by the St Winifred's School Choir. Shame on you all. Oh, and Agadoo is the best anti-earworm song ever written - if you get earwormed, just think of that. There is no room for any other earworm once that gets hold.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1488955851' post='3253148']
No, it's a very genuine dislike of the whole Jamiroquai sound, their songs and JK's vocal stylings. It actually makes my skin crawl and toes curl up ( as the saying goes)..

Lots of other artists I'd consider myself to be a little envious of though; either for their talent, success, seemingly wonderful life etc, but definitely not Jamiroquai.
[/quote]

They effect me like that too.

[quote name='markdavid' timestamp='1488903545' post='3252800']
Anything by any of the below:
Clean bandit
Jess Gylnne
Sia
Maroon 5

Awful,Awful tuneless dross

but probably the worst of the bunch.... Neiked - Sexual , just shockingly bad

Also pretty much anything played on either Capital or Kiss fm
[/quote]

Maybe slightly harsh for Sia? Yes, what she comes away with now just sounds like most other stuff kicking about in the charts (boring collaborations etc) but her early stuff is quite good. I still give it a listen from time to time

I blame David Guetta

It's nigh on impossible to narrow it down to one song. Can I just nominate the entire back catalogue of The Beautiful South?

Born Slippy by Underworld is up there, and so is Tubthumping. Some songs are so bad that I feel anger when I hear them!

Edited by Funky Dunky