Why become a member? ×

The worst song you have ever heard.?

bubinga5

Second and third AC/DC's abysmal Thunderstruck. I'm not old enough to remember the 70s-early 80s but for a short while I guess AC/DC were quite fun but they sure should've jacked it in after Bon Scott died. Quite how the ultra basic Back In Black has sold so well beats me. They make Quo look like Dream Theater they're so rudimentary. Even worse than Thunderstruck.. You Shook Me All Night Long, Who Made Who and Money Talks.

Glad that it's been acknowledged that this is subjective....there are lots of tunes listed here that I can't believe are...How the hell is "Ride on time" on this list?? Wicked Bassline!!

I can't believe that this list isn't filled with Meatloaf and David Bowie tunes - both have fooled the record buying public into buying their bland, over rated arse soup for the past 30-40 years. Shame on you all..

Please learn from The Who - "I won't get fooled again"

Meatloaf stuff is indeed total ar$ewipe and Bat Out Of Hell (the single and album) is one of the worst bunch of noises laid down on vinyl. As for Bowie I only like his Station to - Scary Monsters period but don't think he ever wrote owt that's truly pants, overrated maybe.

Edited by Barking Spiders

There are soooo many horrible horrible noises out there lauded as 'music'.
God forbid my record collection ever got out as I have a famously bad taste in music, many friends have told me over the years to that effect anyway.
I read this somewhere, to which I apply, any time Im exposed to proper hoop 'music' I ever have the misfortune to be subjected to:
Its not how long a song is, its how long a song feels...and 40 minutes into whatever really grips my s&&t proves itself to be exactly what I call hoop.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1485773349' post='3226486']
Not sure Toni Tennille was that impressed with his contributions either.
New Toy Synth time?
Did you clock some of the looks she gave him?....
I think he was sleeping in the spare room that night... :)
[/quote]

I think she was ready to go over and shove it up his hoop :lol:
infact she may well have done later for that

[quote name='Wayne Firefly' timestamp='1485526896' post='3224655']
I think you may mean Thunderstruck if I may stick one's oar in.... I used to love DC but the way they have become soooo overused and overhyped etc, they are the same as Dire Straits to me now.
[/quote]

What? I love AC/DC but they will never be as good as Dire Straits. Mark Knopfler is a genius.

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1488407029' post='3248785']

What? I love AC/DC but they will never be as good as Dire Straits. Mark Knopfler is a genius.
[/quote]
Still, AC/DC gets sold out venues year after year. Millions of people thoroughly enjoy their straight-forward rock. DS sell tickets good too, but tour much less, so are a more rare commodity. I'm not a fan of either band, but I think I could stay awake through an AC/DC show as opposed to a Dire Straights one, I'd be waiting for the elevator to arrive at the top floor.

The song that always makes me leave the room (this will probably get me branded as a know-nothing, Luddite, heretic who has no place in music) - is ..............

Wait for it ...........

American Pie by Don McLean

In my opinion the song drags on for half a lifetime, goes nowhere, says even less and makes my toes curl.

And i think Star Trekking is good fun - it gets people smiling and dancing.

I await my formal expulsion from BassChat.

Chris.

[quote name='Bolo' timestamp='1488432151' post='3248851']

Still, AC/DC gets sold out venues year after year. Millions of people thoroughly enjoy their straight-forward rock. DS sell tickets good too, but tour much less, so are a more rare commodity.
[/quote]

They're not actually a going concern, and haven't been for 25 years.

Incidentally, I walked out of a DS show in '92. Bored out of my mind. Still love 'em.

Love AC/DC, too.

[quote name='Phil Adams' timestamp='1488440402' post='3248895']
Being old enough to remember the Kenny Everett compilation (12" on lime green vinyl) most of these has left me umimpressed.

[/quote]

I've got that! We used to listen to a tape recording of the actual radio broadcast when we were kids.

Here are some gems:

http://youtu.be/9EEZAivzl1Q

http://youtu.be/ql3pwELzqZM

http://youtu.be/Zo8DhbQw_O4

For me it was a supporting band at the Brixton Academy. It was around 2000/2001 and I was there to see Placebo. People were sitting around on the floor and generally milling about as you do before a gig. I seem to recall they were playing The Beatles over the PA. And then these three chaps came wondering on stage.

They fiddle around for a bit and then started to 'check' the equipment. Honestly, I thought it was a sound check for perhaps the first 30 seconds of their first song. The guitar player was making odd and somewhat out of time ambient noises through more effects pedals than I can possibly account for. The bass player was burping away on root notes seemingly in a different key to the guitar player. The drums were ok I guess. And then a funny man in dungerees started bounding around and rapping in cocky rhyming slang. To this day I have no idea who the band were, and never before or since have I come across something quite so odd.

I also had a girlfriend a few years ago that made me sit through the entire Peter Andre album that came out around 2009. That is pretty bad too I guess. Not that I can name a song, but living through 60 mins of such horrifically bland material was painful.

[quote name='Chezz55' timestamp='1488436101' post='3248860']
The song that always makes me leave the room (this will probably get me branded as a know-nothing, Luddite, heretic who has no place in music) - is ..............

Wait for it ...........

American Pie by Don McLean

In my opinion the song drags on for half a lifetime, goes nowhere, says even less and makes my toes curl.

And i think Star Trekking is good fun - it gets people smiling and dancing.

I await my formal expulsion from BassChat.

Chris.
[/quote]

You sir, are a certified lunatic. I've been in contact with your local Mental Health service and they'll be sending somebody round as soon as....you will, of course, get a free jacket but may need some help getting it on and off...

I'm sure the Mods will arrange for your expulsion as soon as they read your post.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1488414233' post='3248829']
Anything by Jamiroquai..
[/quote] Not familiar with that song 😊. I reckon you are being a bit harsh when there are bands like Wham around. I like a bit of Jamiroquai.

Gypsy woman by Crystal Waters, shoot me now
pretty much all the self obsessed up it own ar$e ego trip bland as you f***ing like rap crap that is around, i like some of the early rap but this modern i'm so great and more imortant than you sh*te is just er well sh*te, think i need a valium just thinking about it
also all the dross that get played on our works music system, i'm banned from playing my stuff so what do i know :lol:

oh and Teenage Kicks, arrrrrghggghhh...!!! and i have to play it in our band, ive complained and do everytime we play it but its just rubbish

Edited by lowhand_mike

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1485771649' post='3226466']
this makes me squirm grinding my teeth.
and has a keyboard solo that will make you just laugh its so bad and puke at the same time. :(
WARNING..
do not watch if your eating or by anything thats too expensive to throw.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBYV_7a0FQs[/media]
[/quote]

bluuurrrgggh

[quote name='Barking Spiders' timestamp='1485507580' post='3224397']

Real Gone Kid..plinky keyboards, terrible girly background vocals, cheesy strings (not the kids snackfood)

[/quote]Her vocals were awful but she was in the band for legitimate reasons - her and Ricky Ross playing hide the sausage had nothing to do with it.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1485076626' post='3220840']
In defence of Star Trekkin', at least they knew what they were so to speak. I remember ST being released (I'm fairly sure I have the 7" somewhere) and Trekkies were just pleased to have something/anything Trek related being regarded as popular. At least it does have key and tempo changes which is more than can be said for some of the other drivel here. At least the Blobby song has Clarkson in it looking more of a dick than usual - it's only redeeming feature!
[/quote]
This. It's Trek! Enough said!
:D

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1488470070' post='3249237']
Not familiar with that song 😊. I reckon you are being a bit harsh when there are bands like Wham around. I like a bit of Jamiroquai.
[/quote]

Not harsh, just how it is for me..

Everyone of their songs makes my teeth grate, just like the sound of fingernails being scraped down a blackboard!

I had to play one of their songs called 'Love Foolosophy' at every gig the band I was in did for a period of about two years. It was the most unenjoyable experience I think I've ever had playing bass in a covers band!

I know they're quite popular here on Basschat, and they have had some wonderful bass players in their line-ups, but their songs really are some of the worst I've ever heard.

I used to tease my wife with this

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKOiO7-2oCk[/media]

But then I remembered this and surely there is no contest!

[media]https://www.youtube....h/?v=xXMrDu7374Y[/media]

It's so bad it's not even funny.