Why become a member? ×

Albums you think are great but are critically panned

Cat Burrito

[quote name='phil.c60' timestamp='1484999899' post='3220260']
Deep Purple's "Come Taste the Band". Most Purple fans hated it as there was no Richie, but I liked it and still play it from time to time now.
[/quote]

It's got trumpets on it! Trumpets!!!

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1485031971' post='3220637']
I think it is more the way the band were at the time, rather than the music itself.
[/quote]

Nah... I'm a huge Yes fan and there are some great moments on on sides 1, 2, 3(2nd half) and 4 (start and end) but it's at least a whole side too long.

See if wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't proved that they could concentrate their prodigious ideas into a single album on the mighty CTtE and Relayer that book-ended Topographic.

"Gold Afternoon Fix", by the Church. They were under such pressure to follow the platinum album "Starfish" that they had a real wobble. Not even the band like it and refer to it as "Gaff". I think it's ace. And it was nearly produced by John Paul Jones..

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1485000528' post='3220266']
AC/DC Fly on the Wall. Yes, the production is dodgy, but the songs are great and compare favourably to others from the Johnson era.
[/quote]

I'd like to hear a remix remaster of fly on the wall but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1485036197' post='3220697']
See if wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't proved that they could concentrate their prodigious ideas into a single album on the mighty CTtE and Relayer that book-ended Topographic.
[/quote]

I do agree in that Relayer is my favourite.

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1485036197' post='3220697']

Nah... I'm a huge Yes fan and there are some great moments on on sides 1, 2, 3(2nd half) and 4 (start and end) but it's at least a whole side too long.

[/quote]

CTtE - mightiest of all :)

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1485020768' post='3220503']
Elbow ,asleep in the back ,a very dark album ,especially, powder blue . Which mr Garvey wrote about two drug addicts he observed one day while in the pub ,a tragic love story, a modern day Romeo and Juliet
[/quote]

It's a fantastic album. Scattered Black and Whites is one of the most touching songs I know.