Why become a member? ×

Slightly delayed NBD - Rickenbacker 4003S

Stag

Hey-ho peeps! Been a while since I checked in on here... so long actually, that ive had TWO NBD's recently and not put them on here! Disgraceful behaviour...

Well, here is the first NBD. Id been after one of these for a while but getting hold of 4003S's in the UK at the moment is a bit like trying to find golddust... particularly if you want Jetglo or Fireglo. Finally came across one at a dealer's and took the plunge. Its a great bass indeed... but what really sold it to me was the fretboard on it. Dont think ive ever seen a nicer looking board on a Ric - the first photo with less flash shows how the dark grain sets it off!

With no further ado... the pictures! Only a few, and my camera skills arent that great.

Cheers,

Stag

Edited by Stag

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1484861532' post='3219279']
That fingerboard is gorgeous!!
[/quote]

Thanks Kev! That board is what really sold it to me to be perfectly honest. It plays as good as it looks as well... very very nice indeed. This photo (attached) shows the grain of the wood in the board a lot better (amazing how much difference not using flash makes...!)

Edited by Stag

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1484863171' post='3219308']
I was eyeballing it for quite a while! The blue one too. It's one of the most stunning fretboards I've ever seen!
[/quote]

I eyeballed it for months (literally!) then had to give in and get it. Nick is a top fella to deal with as well, excellent service.

Edited by Stag

Ric fingerboards are always a refreshing change from the mundane maple/rosewood/ebony you see on competitors, but that bit of Bubinga(?) is particularly stunning! Really need to try one of these S series basses.

Awesome looking 4003S! Congrats man.
My 4001v63 is rather plain looking but sounds awesome.
The 4003 from 2012 however has this really nice fingerboard that isn't Bubinga but Caribbean rosewood... Hasn't got the reddish glow, but I love it!

Here have a look:

[attachment=236280:ricfretboard.jpg]

Edited by DiMarco