Why become a member? ×

Jamiroquai Automaton

MisterT

Yes! Excited person here! I do like it when Jay Kay goes all bleepy and squelchy. Actually quite liked the last "back to basics" Jamiroquai album but was a little surprised to read that it only sold 300,000 copies. This might fair better. Still gonna be better than half the dross on the radio.

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1484747256' post='3218026']
I not very excite
[/quote]I do excite. But I wish he would get back to a great band he had with Emergency on Planet Earth/Travelling Without Moving etc. Dynamite was a cracker though.. I really don't dig Jamiroquai's electronic stuff. For me it takes away all what was great with the band. Maybe this may change my mind.? I think Jamiroquai made some fantastic music by the way, This is proper Jamiroquai imo, and Zender on a Warwick.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJyxHVQ1Wbs[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1485168947' post='3221645']
There's a video on [u]YouTube[/u] by a chap who calls himself Pertybass, and in it, he plays 'Whatever It Is...' on a series of different basses (JB, Musicman, Warwick etc). [u]I'm having trouble embedding vids[/u] otherwise I'd post it up. Well worth a listen.
[/quote]

It's not that hard with YooBoob. Copy the whole address for the YT clip from the top of your browser, paste it in your Basschat reply, remove the "s" from the "https" at the beginning of the bit you just pasted and it's done. Preview is available when you click the "More Reply Options" button that is beside the "Post" button so you can see how it will look before you actually post.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SpondonBassed

[quote name='StephenYork' timestamp='1485532748' post='3224728']
The title track has dropped on YouTube

http://youtu.be/rmlmOk4ubcU
[/quote]

The best thing about that is the hat.

Maybe it's a grower, but the krautrock influence is killing the funk for me.

Edited by Cato

Not keen either - if it bombs he's only got himself to blame!

EDIT: Just gave this another couple of listens... well, it's a grower! Can't stop tapping my foot to it now; just wish there was a nice electric bass creating the groove instead of (what I assume) is a synth.

Edited by HowieBass

[quote name='StephenYork' timestamp='1485533609' post='3224744']
Agreed, it's not normally what I'd listen to them for but I'll give it a chance. Album is out on the 31st March so not long.
I do need that hat!
[/quote]

If you like the hat then you might also like this gimp suit, as seen on George Michael's Freeek promotion. All it needs is a couple of thousand LEDs tastefully set into it...

[attachment=236734:Freeek.png]

Album's 31st March I believe. It's a thumbs up but with mixed feelings from me. Then again I did the same thing with Daft Punk's opening track on R.A.M. and ended up loving it to bits.

I think I'll get the vinyl, chuck it on the turntable and force the family to listen to a new release the way we used to do.

Not my cup of tea. I loved Emergency On Planet Earth, Space Cowboy, Travelling Without Moving and bits of subsequent albums but the more records he produces the more I find myself liking each one less and less. Guess I'm getting old.