Why become a member? ×

New embassy (and also thunderbird) bass, Classic style!

tommorichards

[quote name='clivem' timestamp='1504348235' post='3364254']
I received the Epi T-Bird case I ordered from Amazon last week for my Classic IV.
It was the tapered version, not the rectangular.
[/quote]
I wonder why the change. Could it be that the rectangular case did not fit all the Thunderbird models (sure I read this somewhere) and the new one does?

[quote name='goingdownslow' timestamp='1504366400' post='3364426']

I wonder why the change. Could it be that the rectangular case did not fit all the Thunderbird models (sure I read this somewhere) and the new one does?
[/quote]

Don't know. I was expecting a rectangular case. That was the product photo Amazon used. I wasn't even aware there was a tapered version of the case.

[quote name='goingdownslow' timestamp='1504366400' post='3364426']
[/quote]

Just for clarity's sake, I own an Epiphone Thunderbird hardcase - I bought it for my Hamer FBIV and it fits like a glove, but (more importantly), Gibson Thunderbirds do not fit into it as the body shape is different.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1504433216' post='3364753']
Just for clarity's sake, I own an Epiphone Thunderbird hardcase - I bought it for my Hamer FBIV and it fits like a glove, but (more importantly), Gibson Thunderbirds do not fit into it as the body shape is different.
[/quote]

I'll have to try that, I have both, with their manufacturers' cases, right here. I hadn't realised they were different!

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1504395560' post='3364643']
I see some demo's of the Embassy are appearing on you tube... can't add links as im on the work PC
[/quote]

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Der83hUU4Lc"]The Epiphone Embassy PRO Bass Review by Chris Catero[/url]

(Although "review" is probably too strong a word for that video.) No doubt that it sounds fantastic!
If the Embassy makes an appearance before the T'Bird, I think I might have to get me one! LOL

Yeah I think it's a great sounding bass. Possibly too coloured from the drive but there is a decent core tone in there. I'd be up for trying one with those t bird pick ups. Quite like the idea of a p bass with Tbird pick up in the sweet spot a la mine lull. This would be a great alternative

Interesting..... Not that it means anything as far as Europe getting stock is concerned.....

[url="https://www.talkbass.com/threads/new-epiphone-basses.1263849/page-8#post-20396359"]Just got a call from Sweetwater. My sales guy Jeff says the pre ordered Embassy should be out the door in about two weeks from today...[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='goingdownslow' timestamp='1505903089' post='3375055']
Andertons and G4M now giving December delivery dates.
[/quote]

From my POV, that's a good thing.... I just blew the cash, that I would have used to pick up either an Embassy or Vintage T-Bird on an Ibby BTB. Will probably be December before I can again contemplate purchasing.

Edited by clivem

[quote name='clivem' timestamp='1505928568' post='3375323']
From my POV, that's a good thing.... I just blew the cash, that I would have used to pick up either an Embassy or Vintage T-Bird on an Ibby BTB. Will probably be December before I can again contemplate purchasing.
[/quote]

Same here, I bought an EB4 with the money put aside for the vintage Thunderbird. A bit more time to build it up again will spare me overloading the credit card.

Received from Andertons yesterday.

'Unfortunately the supplier of the Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage Pro Bass in Vinage Sunburst (Stockcode EBTVTSNH1) is still unable to offer us an estimated delivery date and so we are unable to give you an accurate time frame for your order.

We are regularly contacting the suppliers to find out if there is any new information and will keep you informed of any update.'

• 1 month later...

First sighting in the US of Epi Vintage T'Bird in the wild.....

[url=https://www.talkbass.com/threads/new-epiphone-basses.1299002/page-4#post-20562368]Picked up my T-Bird Vintage Pro earlier this afternoon and I must say that after having giving it a good going over that I'm impressed with it. Fit and finish are excellent as is the hardware.[/url]

Wonder whether we'll see them in Europe before Christmas....

Edited by clivem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...