Why become a member? ×

New embassy (and also thunderbird) bass, Classic style!

tommorichards

3 hours ago, pst62 said:

Well I for one will not be paying £600.

Nor I. I don't *NEED* one of these, I was happy with my existing T-bird. This came along and I WANTED one. At £500  I could persuade myself is wouldn't cost a lot to change, £600 just makes it easier for me to say no.

43 minutes ago, cattytown said:

Nor I. I don't *NEED* one of these, I was happy with my existing T-bird. This came along and I WANTED one. At £500  I could persuade myself is wouldn't cost a lot to change, £600 just makes it easier for me to say no.

Yeah I have a Classic Pro which I've been modding with Chrome Hipshot parts, (Bridge and Machine Heads) I put it on hold when these new ones finally started appearing, but now I'll just carry on where I left off with my CP.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EssentialTension said:

The Embassy PRO is excellent value at £329 and sounds massive.

The Embassy looks as if it is going up to £349, at least where retailers have stock. That still strikes me as being a good price though.

2 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Just seen that these are now up from £499 to £599, and out of stock everywhere I've looked.

Anyone know why the unusually huge price increase? I don't think currency exchange rates have shifted that much.

Thomann have them for £523. Only Ebony left in stock though.

Just noticed that Thomann are listing the T-bird's specifications with a "Blackwood tek" fingerboard instead of the rosewood that was originally specified. Perhaps this accounts for the recent price increase?

Anyone have "hands-on" experience?

Edited by daveornorm

On 21/03/2018 at 10:33, daveornorm said:

Just noticed that Thomann are listing the T-bird's specifications with a "Blackwood tek" fingerboard instead of the rosewood that was originally specified. Perhaps this accounts for the recent price increase?

Anyone have "hands-on" experience?

What is blackwood tek?

I don't think it was ever rosewood even though some websites said so.

Edited by EssentialTension

1 hour ago, cetera said:

I REALLY fancy a new Epi Vintage Pro TBird..... but can't decide between white and ebony! Oh the choice.....

It'd be Ebony all the way for me if I was gonna get one. If they were an off-White like the Gibson's that'd be a different story.

50 minutes ago, pst62 said:

It'd be Ebony all the way for me if I was gonna get one. If they were an off-White like the Gibson's that'd be a different story.

I went for the white one. It had to be. I do wish it was a bit creamier, but it is off-white, being a darker shade than the scratchplate.

I've just purchased an ebony tug bar and some Gotoh long stem tuners as the Wilkinson ones on at the moment don't quite look the part. They work perfectly well though. Pics to follow when they're on!

Edited by Cosmo Valdemar
  • Like 1

On 28/03/2018 at 17:57, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I went for the white one. It had to be. I do wish it was a bit creamier, but it is off-white, being a darker shade than the scratchplate.

I've just purchased an ebony tug bar and some Gotoh long stem tuners as the Wilkinson ones on at the moment don't quite look the part. They work perfectly well though. Pics to follow when they're on!

Looking forward to seeing it :)

£600 is extracting the urine for an Epiphone IMHO. I thought it was bad enough to see Squiers creeping above £400! Both these and the CVs are a cut above their usual output though I suppose, and lack of a Gibson equivalent means they are now marketing to those that would have paid north of a grand for the real deal. How much were the previous Classic Pros going for new?

In defence of Epiphone's mate, I bought the Classic Pro Thunderbird in 2012 and TBH it plays as well as the Gibson equivalent I tried at the same time,

the gibson certainly wasn't worth £700 odd quid more, to me anyway.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...