Why become a member? ×

New embassy (and also thunderbird) bass, Classic style!

tommorichards

Just came across this pic on instagram. Looks sexy. I love the repro bridge and pickups too. I can imagine itll be around £600 new or so, about the same, if not a bit more than the pro classic tbirds.

Edit. I cant upload the pic, but heres a link to the post
[url="http://www.instagram.com/p/BPYmyMODMRy/"]http://www.instagram.../p/BPYmyMODMRy/[/url]

Edited by tommorichards

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1484748521' post='3218047']
The Embassy's cool but they've blundered the headstock... But never mind that - look at the Thunderbird! If those pickups are any good I'm getting one of each!
I hope it's a creamier white than the recent Pro Tbirds though. We can but hope.
[/quote]

I've already diarised??? a reminder for July 3rd.
Better get some gigs booked in :lol:

Great spots Tommo and Nancy!

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1484751924' post='3218089']
Hope not, the Tbird is supposedly replacing the current Pro 1V, which sells around £350/£400.
Certainly not going to pay pushing a grand for an Epi, as good as they can be.
[/quote]

I for one am happy to see the back of the PRO IV in it's various guises. It just looked like a copy...the headstock was wrong, that bridge was wrong and it had too many knobs. At least the jack socket is in the right place.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1484777282' post='3218439']

I for one am happy to see the back of the PRO IV in it's various guises. It just looked like a copy...the headstock was wrong, that bridge was wrong and it had too many knobs. At least the jack socket is in the right place.
[/quote]
I think the active Pro has been discontinued for a while. This new one is replacing the Classic Pro which was very similar to the US model.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1484732417' post='3217802']
I'm interested for sure, but I can't help thinking the new Embassy would have looked cooler with the 4 in line "batwing" headstock of the past.
[/quote]

Yep. I would've bought one if it had that...

Why are they putting those thunderbird style pickups on everything. They belong on a tbird I bet they are even in a similar space.

I honestly wish some manufactures would give a little more variety from one bass to the other in terms of tone.

Edited by Twincam

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1484790471' post='3218527']
Why are they putting those thunderbird style pickups on everything. They belong on a tbird I bet they are even in a similar space.

I honestly wish some manufactures would give a little more variety from one bass to the other in terms of tone.
[/quote]

The only bass I owned that sounded different straight out of the box was a Rickenbacker 4003. I know what my tone is and honestly, it doesn't matter which bass I use, the end result is pretty much the same irrespective.

We're just going through a phase where old designs are being resurrected and, in part, bettered. The old Embassy basses were probably dogs, but have become cool again. It's just a shame that it's taken a company in the lower ranks of Gibson's ownership to actually start making a more authentic looking representation of one of its classics.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1484790471' post='3218527']

[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean by this - I can think of very few basses with authentic Thunderbird-style pickups or tone.
If you're referring to the Embassy, that is a reissue of a bass that used Thunderbird pickups as well, so it's authentic on that front.