Why become a member? ×

Looks like Trace Elliot may be back? NAMM 2017?

40hz

Found a video:

[media]http://youtu.be/Ha1TfmHHyrI[/media]

So the cabs are:

- 2x8" with a more hi-fi tone, 8ohms

- 1x10" with a more vintage tone (i suspect also 8ohms, reminds me of the Mi10 from Ashdown)

Amp does seem to have a jack socket for speaker connection.

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1484845858' post='3219057']
Seriously though...

If the Elf was cheap enough, I'd consider getting one for the home or little acoustic get togethers... maybe this is the taster before the big guns come out. If you consider this as a starting point, going up against the likes of say, something like the D200... with the vision on going onto something more akin to the GB Shuttles... then maybe they are onto something.
[/quote]

I hope this is the case. I like the look of the Elf but it's missing an aux in for my personal home practice situations.

The Elf and 2x8 cab looks like a fun home practice set up. Not sure I would use that kind of set up at a gig. Too many 'absence of heft' fears. I hope that it does well and is a starting point for a relaunch of the bigger amp and cab configurations to follow.

Big TE fan here - I'm glad to see producing new equipment for the market and happy to give them a chance - after all 1.6lbs for 200w?? pretty much unheard of. The write up on their website sounds very impressive.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing the new gear - hoping that they have a presence at the LBGS so that we can give it a try. If the new gear is anything like the old stuff they'll be getting my money. The man says they compete favourably with a loud drum, let's wait and see before we get too negative, eh?.

I've signed up to the newsletter - can't wait TBH.

Bit more info:

[url="http://www.traceelliot.com/#elf"]http://www.traceelliot.com/#elf[/url]

Not sure why there's a Union flag on this though.

[url="http://www.traceelliot.com/resources/transit-b-om.pdf"]http://www.traceelli...ransit-b-om.pdf[/url]

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1484852481' post='3219152']
The Elf and 2x8 cab looks like a fun home practice set up. Not sure I would use that kind of set up at a gig. Too many 'absence of heft' fears. I hope that it does well and is a starting point for a relaunch of the bigger amp and cab configurations to follow.
[/quote]

No I think that setup is angling more towards the Double bass community as it is portable and seems suspiciously similar to the Phil Jones Briefcase in portability and power.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1484846860' post='3219072']
How do you know? Any back pannel pics?
[/quote]

Specs on the TE website using the link in my previous post.

I expect that once the 200w model has hit the market they'll be developing bigger/louder models.

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1484837086' post='3218938']
Wow - a bunch of musicians slagging off a musical product without having heard it or even seen the full specs, who'd have thought it?![/quote]
Personally I'm not slagging off the amp itself -- yes, it may well sound brilliant. It's the [i]concept[/i] I'm so disappointed in.
[quote]For all anyone knows, these new offerings could contain everything they wanted from TE or have I missed the comments from the people that have heard them at the show? Though of course, they could just be what they look like.[/quote]
Nobody's saying they sound crap. We haven't heard them. But yes it's what it looks like... insofar as one can see from a glance that none of the classic SMX features are there. Preshapes? Graphic? Eq balance? That superb 2 band compressor? FX loops? Nope. Just a 3-band shelve eq and an output jack. Not even so much as a speakon.
Obviously it's unlikely theyd be able to fit [i]all[/i] that lot into a 5lb micro, but it doesn't have to be that small. Just look how much Peavey shoehorned into the 1000 watt 9lb MiniMega head. A similar sized SMX would clean up.

I'm assuming with that pre amp pedalboard that you could then match it up with suitably 'transparent' (tonally) lightweight power amp and cabs from othe rmanufacturers and get a rig that sounded fairly authentic TE but without the weight, or am I being a bit naieve here?

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1484913259' post='3219608']
Personally I'm not slagging off the amp itself -- yes, it may well sound brilliant. It's the [i]concept[/i] I'm so disappointed in.

Nobody's saying they sound crap. We haven't heard them. But yes it's what it looks like... insofar as one can see from a glance that none of the classic SMX features are there. Preshapes? Graphic? Eq balance? That superb 2 band compressor? FX loops? Nope. Just a 3-band shelve eq and an output jack. Not even so much as a speakon.
Obviously it's unlikely theyd be able to fit [i]all[/i] that lot into a 5lb micro, but it doesn't have to be that small. Just look how much Peavey shoehorned into the 1000 watt 9lb MiniMega head. A similar sized SMX would clean up.
[/quote]

In my view this is the entry level amp, has the most basic needs for one to play with. Higher power models with more complex preamps will follow. The job's already done with the preamp pedal, now they just need to stick a power amp afterwards and pop it in to a box.

I'm really suprised seeing TE going from the biggest, heaviest gear on the market straight in to the smallest, lightest. Think this may be some kind of marketing strategy to draw a lot of attention to them again. I'm sure the bigger guns will be revealed during this year ;)

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1484917045' post='3219660']
I'd be interested in trying out the Elf head, especially if it didn't sound like the old TE stuff! If it's not too dear [b]it would be good gig-bag spare amp[/b], in the way that the MB200 is.
[/quote]

That's my first thought - although I loved TE amps back the 90's.

If the specs are to be believed, the Elf should output more than the MB200. As far as I know the MB200 uses the ICEPower 50ASX2 module in Bridge mode (BTL). It outputs 100 watts at 8R and 170 at 4R according to the ICEOower specs, http://icepower.dk/en/solutions/speaker/ASX_SERIES

Edited by Chienmortbb