Why become a member? ×

Albums you think are crap but are critically acclaimed...

julesb

Not sure it counts at critically acclaimed, but loads of Iron Maiden fans seem to like Powerslave but it's the only album of theirs that I can't find anything I like on. Very samey and nothing original to me.

And at risk of being hung drawn and quartered, most Beatles albums. They just don't do anything for me.

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1484691082' post='3217641']
wouldn't say it's crap but probably my least favourite Beatles LP Sgt Peppers
[/quote]

Beat me to it! I understand how it was revolutionary at the time, but it sounds a bit sterile compared to their other late-period albums.

Edit: IMO.

Edited by ras52

To qualify my earlier post: I always used to look at those '100 Greatest Albums' lists that the likes of Q used to publish (they may still do for all I know, I avoid Q these days...) and used to pride myself on my familiarity and / or ownership of the majority of the albums in the list.

If there were any i didn't know I would buy them and see why they were considered great. I discovered some great albums that I mightn't have heard otherwise (Catch A Fire, Bitches Brew, Marquee Moon) but also some that I found nothing to enjoy about, like Astral Weeks, which I found utterly impenetrable. I never cared for Pet Sounds much either, other than God Only Knows.

Edited by PaulGibsonBass