Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

Sign in to follow this  
AlpherMako4

Guy Pratt 'The Sideman'

That's a shame, I'm on my honeymoon. Do people think Tina would prefer this to Iceland?

Thanks for spotting / posting this as I'm up for going along. Looks a good show from the bits you can find on tinternet.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1484685263' post='3217553']
That's a shame, I'm on my honeymoon. Do people think Tina would prefer this to Iceland?
[/quote]First, congrats on the upcoming nuptials. Second, West Yorks over Iceland? Don't even ask, just pre-book your tickets for Guy's show, Mrs Ped will love it ;)

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1484685263' post='3217553']
[/quote]
For a honeymoon, I think you should push the boat out and go to Waitrose. Or Sainsbury's at the very least.

I foolishly passed on his show in Exeter some years ago when he came down to the Mansons guitar show. This is a bit too far.

I'm probably going to regret asking, but Mr Pratt seems to be a 'marmite' character on this forum, what has he done to deserve that? He seems a pretty normal well rounded type of guy?

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1485249261' post='3222375']
I'm probably going to regret asking, but Mr Pratt seems to be a 'marmite' character on this forum, what has he done to deserve that?
[/quote]

What? You don't know?

He played a Jazz on The Delicate Sound of Thunder. He deserves everything he gets.*

[size=2]*Just kidding. Great player & raconteur. I've got a lot of time for him.[/size]

I'm probably going to regret asking, but Mr Pratt seems to be a 'marmite' character on this forum, what has he done to deserve that? He seems a pretty normal well rounded type of guy?
[/quote]

Don't go there. Long before I'd even heard of Basschat and its predecessors I believe his enjoyment of the forum was ruined somehow. Not sure of the circumstances but words were had and he left (I think).

I like the bloke's public persona from the bit I've seen and I'd be happy to buy him a drink or at least offer him a handshake if I ever met him.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1484691336' post='3217645']
For a honeymoon, I think you should push the boat out and go to Waitrose. Or Sainsbury's at the very least.
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[/quote]

One of the professionally offended accused him of saying something racist, IIRC.

I had a few pints and a chat with him once after a comedy gig in Leicester a few years ago, and he was really good company - witty, knowledgeable and full of amusing stories.