Why become a member? ×

FS: Yamaha TRB5-pii - Bubinga - great condition with hardcase
£2000

4114effects

Hi Guys,

As this is my first FS post I thought I'd better introduce myself - I'm Dan, owner of 4114effects and I've built a few HPF preamps for folks off this forum.

Anyway, I'm offering up my fantastic Yamaha TRB5-pii for sale. It's an incredible bass but I only get to play a couple of times a year now, so it seems like a waste. I'm looking to sell and get a cheaper 5/4 string - probably something more traditional along the lines of a P/J bass or Musicman.

The Yamaha is in fantastic condition - slight tarnishing to the tuners and bridge but that's all. No knocks or dings to the finishing. Electrics are sound, piezo bridge works perfectly, no crackles or pot problems.

Has been set up with a low action, very little rattle and a great low B from the 35" scale length.

Please ignore the missing string - I broke it turning the wrong machine head when tuning up this weekend ... sigh.

Don't see very many of these for sale at all - so trying to find a guide price has been hard. I believe they were over £3000 new though from the information I can get my hands on.

I'm sure you'll know these are fantastic basses - Abe Laboriel and Nick Fyffe use them which speaks volumes to me :)

Comes with original brown Yamaha hardcase - which is scuffed with a few tolex tears but is still sound.

I'm based in Queensbury, near Halifax, West Yorkshire.

Any questions please ask!

Edited by 4114effects