Why become a member? ×

"That" album where you know every word, note, solo, drum beat in your head.

leschirons

Erm, not that I'm a fan of his later offerings but...

Tubeway Army - Tubeway Army
Replicas - Tubeway Army
The Pleasure Principle - Gary Numan
Telekon - Gary Numan
[size=3]<lost it a bit after that....both him and me alike>[/size]

Obsession? Yes, yes it was.

Edited by MisterT

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1484252857' post='3214112']
No, not for me, but so many Bacharach &amp; David songs where I can pick out all the string, horn and backing vocal arrangements. Odd one I know!
[/quote]

Not odd for me. I am pretty much the same.
Writing and arranging of the highest order.

There is one album for me - The Nightfly, Donald Fagen.
I didn't realise I did, but my oldest son is transcribing some tunes from it
and I ended up helping him out (and getting on his nerves). :)

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1484250943' post='3214085']
Yes....Close to the Edge. I played my original copy, when it first came out, so much I literally wore it out and had to buy another. I know every beat,every note and every lyric by heart. I bought the CD version when it was released but bought another vinyl copy a couple of years ago. Vinyl still sounds better than the CD on a decent system. If I could only own one album for the rest of my life it would be Close to the Edge, without a doubt.
[/quote]

What Mike said 100%

I have a few, but the one that comes to mind is "...And Out Come The Wolves" by Rancid. I hadn't thought about in years until I joined Basschat where someone seems to mention Matt Freeman (or more accurately, I suppose, the instrument that bears his name) every few minutes. It's been great to revisit their stuff with a view to learning the bass parts, because they're super-fun to play and a real workout for the fretting hand.

Being born in the early 80's i was more attached to 90's music in my youth so at that time i knew every Nirvana album by heart, first Green Day and Offspring albums and the first couple of Foo Fighters/ Clawfinger/ Korn/ Marilin Manson albums too. Then i became a bass player and shifted my musical listenings to more fields from jazz to funk. These days i can't even remember the correct order those albums were released but i still love to hear them from time to time :D

Opeth - Blackwater Park

I still remember the first time I heard it, and immediately thought, "yup, this is my favourite band now", lead to many repeat listenings. I'd actually rate Still Life a better record, but that was the one that kicked off my love of Opeth.

Also, even though it's been out less than a year, I've been remarkably obsessed with Mariner by Cult Of Luna and Julie Christmas.