Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Japan

kumimajava

[color=#191919][font=Lato, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hi all,

Been reading these boards for a while, so I think it's finally time to say hi

I was a saxophone player in my youth, but some medical issues meant I had to stop. About a decade later (!!), I moved to Japan and finally found a way of making more free time for music in my life, so am just starting out on the bass guitar. With paper-thin walls, playing bass with headphones is a lot more neighbour-friendly than woodwind would have been!

Thus, for now, stumbling along, and hopefully in a couple of years (or ten), I'll be up to the average of most other guys on this board. But - enjoying every step of the way.

Many thanks to everyone contributing on here - I've already learned a lot from your input. I hope one day, I'll be able to pitch in with some contributions of mine own :) [/size][/font][/color]

Edited by kumimajava

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys :)

Re: Japcrap. Most of the things I've seen in music stores is pretty decent, but the world of Yahoo Auctions (eBay is non-existent here) is weird and wonderful indeed.

Just two days ago there was Kubicki Factor-a-like, under the brand "Fixer - Poor House Factory" (most likely produced by Headway, who nowadays produce Bacchus, I think). I was somewhat tempted to bid on it, but managed to resist... If i did put in a cheeky bid on each weird thing that surfaces, I'd soon be overrun by a horde of random semi-functional bass-shaped stuff :)

Not that it won't happen anyway, eventually but for now... here's that Fixer!