Why become a member? ×

Hohner Jack Active - SOLD
£350

scrumpymike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Hanry' timestamp='1502896795' post='3354257']
If you grew a fifth string, it would not even be a minute's consideration. It would be a lovely big brother for my B2A but my search started with a P-Sounding 5-string :-)
Still, I look at you at least once a day...
[/quote]
Just nice to know I've not been completely forgotten :happy:

Jack

Long story short. I use to own one of these beasties until it got in a bad way and I foolishly sold it on. How I regret that now.

Because of all my years on that bass, my muscle memory developed to that style of neck. As you know most of the
modern bass favour the very thin 'C' profiled necks which aren't as comfortable for those of us pinching the neck with
larger hands.

So here's my request. Could you post the major dimensions of the neck, so that any future searches will find this
information? The thickness of the neck at the 1st & 12th and maybe the width of the neck at those positions.
This information might help anyone moving from the smaller neck, or seeking the thicker profiled neck.

Thanks - oh and consider this bumped. :)

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1483990510' post='3211797'] Price includes hard case (don't know if it's the original but it certainly looks correct) but not delivery. I'll post more pics later but at the mo P-bucket is playing up to the point where I'm losing the will to live!! [/quote]

They didn't come with cases new (I bought a new one in 1988). GLWTS.

[quote name='ch7' timestamp='1502966717' post='3354693']
Long story short. I use to own one of these beasties until it got in a bad way and I foolishly sold it on. How I regret that now.

Because of all my years on that bass, my muscle memory developed to that style of neck. As you know most of the
modern bass favour the very thin 'C' profiled necks which aren't as comfortable for those of us pinching the neck with
larger hands.

So here's my request. Could you post the major dimensions of the neck, so that any future searches will find this
information? The thickness of the neck at the 1st & 12th and maybe the width of the neck at those positions.
This information might help anyone moving from the smaller neck, or seeking the thicker profiled neck.

Thanks - oh and consider this bumped. :)
[/quote]

Will do.

[quote name='ch7' timestamp='1502966717' post='3354693'] Could you post the major dimensions of the neck, so that any future searches will find this information? The thickness of the neck at the 1st & 12th and maybe the width of the neck at those positions. [/quote]

And the vital statistics are: At fret zero - 39(W) x 21(D)mm; at F12 - 52(W) x 22(D)mm

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1503054752' post='3355340']
And the vital statistics are: At fret zero - 39(W) x 21(D)mm; at F12 - 52(W) x 22(D)mm
[/quote]

Thanks for taking the trouble to post this.

This is interesting, I had the impression the Hohner Jack was thicker. Was i just imagining this?
21mm / 22mm is on a par with my slim 'C' profiled bass. There again the actual shape would
make a difference too.

The only dimension which sets the Hohner apart would be the width at the F12, 52mm is
narrower than my existing basses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...