Why become a member? ×

Advice welcome - Bergantino HD210 or Barefaced Big Baby 2

foxyFuze

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1484417988' post='3215380']

I wasn't aware of any AC issues - PM me the details?
[/quote]

There is a rather infamous Talkbass thread you should check out. Certainly did enough to make me overlook any instrument of theirs going forward!!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1484430796' post='3215480']

There is a rather infamous Talkbass thread you should check out. Certainly did enough to make me overlook any instrument of theirs going forward!!
[/quote]
Now you mention it, I seem to recall.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1484440894' post='3215552']
It was a one off and it finally resolved in the customers favour. I don't see the relevance.
[/quote]
Aye. Just reread the thread.

I think that any luthier will have that one off problem customer too...

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1484440894' post='3215552']
It was a one off and it finally resolved in the customers favour. I don't see the relevance.
[/quote]

It was relevant to Molan's arguement.

As usual, every post on here is right and every post on here is wrong, depending on your opinion. As per previous, let's now keep this on topic!

Edited by Kev

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1484475171' post='3215632']

It was relevant to Molan's arguement.

As usual, every post on here is right and every post on here is wrong, depending on your opinion. As per previous, let's now keep this on topic!
[/quote]
Err...

Isn't that how opinions work?

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1484468207' post='3215580']
Just watched this video, and now I want one

[media]http://youtu.be/O-YUbQyK5Ls[/media]
[/quote]
Yep although it doesn't do the cabs justice in real life. I was at the bassbash shoot out mentioned above and it was the first time I'd heard a fEARless cab played with any amount of decent volume or from a distance. I was shocked not only at how much [i]better[/i] the fEARless was against the Berg and Barefaced, but also at how that was completely overlooked by so many others in the final round of voting after it had attracted so many votes initially.

They're everything I've ever wanted in a bass cab. Cleaner highs than the Barefaced and more articulate lows than the Berg.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1484351718' post='3214975']
It's not strange at all Chris, just basic integrity.

We won't stock anything that we don't believe has a basic level of quality and that we can stand behind. Our reputation rests on supplying decent quality goods that we know will perform well, won't break and won't deteriorate rapidly.

Too many customers with extremely bad experiences in terms of quality control and build for us to be able to sell them as a reputable dealer :(
[/quote]

I'm sorry to spoil the fun but unless you can come up with some hard evidence regarding "extremely bad experiences in terms of quality control and build" then this is unacceptable behaviour for a commercial user whose business is in direct competition with Barefaced.

I know how many cabs we're selling and I know the extremely high levels of customer satisfaction we're achieving. If almost every single dissatisfied customer is going to you and never telling us about their problems then I'd like to know - but somehow that seems very unlikely...

Cooking up a storm I see. I have heard a older Barefaced but never played through one and I have never heard a Berg. However I know of enough people that have experience of both, on both sides of the pond to know they both make great cabinets. To say one is better than the other is silly. Better for whom?

As for using the for sale section as in indicator of satisfaction, all that tells us is that more Barefaced Cabinets are sold second hand, on Basschat than Bergantinos. That is all, there is no evidence for anything else. It would be useful though if some of those that have sold both brands on here said why. I have no figures to prove it but I think

Molan! Another dig at Barefaced, no evidence, just innuendo. I am an enginneer but spent a great deal of my time in marketing. I soon learnt that if you criticise your competitors you soon lose credibility with those customers that have had good experience with them. Your "basic integrity" is compromised and you will lose peoples trust. Now I am not going to buy either brand soon, I am going to build my own so have no axe to grind . However I hope someone will tell me what dealer you own or work for, as you have blown your credibility with me.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1484489476' post='3215819']
Yep although it doesn't do the cabs justice in real life. I was at the bassbash shoot out mentioned above and it was the first time I'd heard a fEARless cab played with any amount of decent volume or from a distance. I was shocked not only at how much [i]better[/i] the fEARless was against the Berg and Barefaced, but also at how that was completely overlooked by so many others in the final round of voting after it had attracted so many votes initially.

They're everything I've ever wanted in a bass cab. Cleaner highs than the Barefaced and more articulate lows than the Berg.
[/quote]

Ive got an F115, and the jury is still out with me. I keep going back to the Barefaced cabs. :huh:

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1484490509' post='3215825']
Bearing in mind my EBS 2x12 used to belong to you, how does it compare?
[/quote]

The F112 is slightly fuller sounding and slightly flatter in the growly lower mids but otherwise pretty close. The Neo212 is only 4kg heavier BTW (and a lot bigger)

[quote name='Raggy' timestamp='1484570337' post='3216351']
Ive got an F115, and the jury is still out with me. I keep going back to the Barefaced cabs. :huh:
[/quote]
If the Barefaced are giving you want you are looking for, I see nothing wrong with that. Others might claim that nothing in the world beats an old 8x10. I wouldn't understand where they're coming from but if it delivers the sound in their head then good on them for ending their search.

I'm not suggesting the Barefaced or Bergs are bad cabs BTW. They definitely have different flavours though...a bit like farts I guess, we each like our own.

The closest analogy I can think of for the F112 is that they're like studio monitors.