Why become a member? ×

I love my gear but...

TheGreek

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1483761024' post='3209937']

I've been using GK 1001rb's for about 7 years.

I still have to search for the "on" button.

Blue
[/quote]

And while we're on with GK amps, is it just me but shouldn't the 4 band EQ from left to right start with
the bass pot rather than the treble? Used these great amps for years but still find it strange.

When elegant, high-end amp/headphone amp facias have two identical switches, one for Power On/Off and one for Compression On/off, positioned one above the other, on the same side of the facia, and identified by tiny wording. Step forward the otherwise totally marvellous PJB Briefcase and Bass Buddy.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1483777429' post='3209977']
When elegant, high-end amp/headphone amp facias have two identical switches, one for Power On/Off and one for Compression On/off, positioned one above the other, on the same side of the facia, and identified by tiny wording. Step forward the otherwise totally marvellous PJB Briefcase and Bass Buddy.
[/quote]Indeed. The positioning of the on/off switches on my PB300 and Flightcase are both halfway down the back making access 'interesting' when up against a wall. Also, the line in and tuner out jacks are hard to read from above on the PB300 as they're under said power switch.

Rickenbacker mute screws - stuck into my hand when using a pick, I eventually had to take the bridge apart and remove the whole mute assembly.

As has been said, First World problems.

Did you know that Wal basses aren't entirely perfect and wonderful? How dare I suggest such a thing? Well, the slot on the bridge for locating and anchoring the E string is maybe a few thou too narrow. It means the some chunkier E strings can be a bit of a faff to install and get seated right.

Suppose I might as well junk such a fundamentally flawed instrument then! ;)

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1483737695' post='3209795']
Love my Trace Elliot gear, the weight I can live with, but I really wish the power button was on the front instead of the back...
[/quote]
Yes, ditto this for my Genz Shuttle 6. I've got it rackmounted and the rear power switch is a monumental PITA.
I love my Sire V7 but i really [i]really[/i] wish it had one more fret. I will never understand why Leo designed the P and J with a range of E to Eb, or why so many others so slavishly copy this.

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1483777379' post='3209976']

And while we're on with GK amps, is it just me but shouldn't the 4 band EQ from left to right start with
the bass pot rather than the treble? Used these great amps for years but still find it strange.
[/quote]

Oh god yes, I have to think everytime I look at it.

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1483744333' post='3209887']
I think my Aguilar rig looks stunning and classic in its Chocolate Thunder (sniggers childishly) livery.
Just wish it didn't have the slight head overhang :(.

[URL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Richard_Pain/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0485_zps8n7ykf5o.jpg.html][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Richard_Pain/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0485_zps8n7ykf5o.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

Yummy

I love my mark bass but it doesn't look like you could eat it

The fact that the little rubber feet of my TC RH450 are only just wider than the carrying handle on top of the TC 112 speaker so that if you don't position it exactly one leg falls in the hole and it wobbles. And that the shift and mute button are next to each other.
Oh and that it is very tight in the official TC RH450 bag so that the volume knob falls off.

And leather straps with that stupid in out cross round thing at the end so they can't be adjusted easily.

And Speakon connectors that only work one way round.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1483790192' post='3210109']
The fact that the little rubber feet of my TC RH450 are only just wider than the carrying handle on top of the TC 112 speaker so that if you don't position it exactly one leg falls in the hole and it wobbles. And that the shift and mute button are next to each other.
Oh and that it is very tight in the official TC RH450 bag so that the volume knob falls off.

And leather straps with that stupid in out cross round thing at the end so they can't be adjusted easily.

And Speakon connectors that only work one way round.
[/quote]

I replaced the TC gig bag with a gator 1212 mixer case.. works great.. and does not fall to bits either :)

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1483790499' post='3210113']
I replaced the TC gig bag with a gator 1212 mixer case.. works great.. and does not fall to bits either :)
[/quote]

Mine hasn't fallen to bits yet, and I like the size of it, it just doesn't seem to fit the amp well, which seems a flaw - will check out the gator case, thanks!

[quote name='scalpy' timestamp='1483739030' post='3209816']
You mute my markbass head by pulling out the volume knob, invariably changing the volume when you do so, and when you push it back in. At least it gives me an excuse for that mysterious second set volume increase that sometimes happens though.
[/quote]
You mute my Markbass head by...err turning it down on the gain or level knob! This accounts for a mysterious second set start of set without any sound.

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1483744333' post='3209887']
I think my Aguilar rig looks stunning and classic in its Chocolate Thunder (sniggers childishly) livery.
Just wish it didn't have the slight head overhang :(.

[url="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Richard_Pain/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0485_zps8n7ykf5o.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]Ditto 19" rack cases - can't Aguilar make their speakers 19.5" wide?

[attachment=235426:IMG_3890 crop.jpg]

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1483780466' post='3209997']
Did you know that Wal basses aren't entirely perfect and wonderful? How dare I suggest such a thing? Well, the slot on the bridge for locating and anchoring the E string is maybe a few thou too narrow. It means the some chunkier E strings can be a bit of a faff to install and get seated right.

Suppose I might as well junk such a fundamentally flawed instrument then! ;)
[/quote] :ph34r: That's so they only take light gauge strings for that toppy sound :ph34r:

As a previous contributor said, the Bass Collection jack socket, I can use an angled jack plug with every other bass but, oh no, not the Bass Collection.

Bridge saddle screws of the standard Fender basses, the end of the thread sticks in your palm or the useless thing gradually works its way down whilst playing, cocking up the action

I'm not going to knock Hartke LH amps. Sure, it's old-skool heavy but XL cabs are cheap as chips and together, they make a convincing rock bass rig for pretty sensible money. However, who in their right mind puts the DI out pre-effects loop? Pre-EQ, I can just about understand, but pre-Loop? Would the culprit please step forward and explain yourself. This can't have been deliberate, surely?

I quite like my Laney RB3 for practice. I wish they hadn't cheapened it with chrome-on-plastic knobs though. I'd have been okay with plastic on its own like the bakelitey knobs on my Ashdown. Maybe I'm going a bit OCD. Maybe I'm getting choosey about my knobs. Maybe I should go and lie down in a darkened room for a bit.....

Edited by SpondonBassed