Why become a member? ×

I love my gear but...

TheGreek

love my bb424x but as previously mentioned a front body jack would be nice - apart from the pulling the cable out, it doesnt sit well on a stand where the jack is when plugged in.

love my ashdown cabs but side handles and width mean its always a twist and turn through doorways!

wouldnt swap either of them though!

I love the looks, feel, sound and playability of my Warwick Infinity, but first fret feels miles away and it chews through batteries.

I also love the looks and the sound of my Mesa Boogie power house rig. I can live with the weight... but it doesn't go into the car as well as my last rig.

[quote name='la bam' timestamp='1483881070' post='3210780']
love my bb424x but as previously mentioned a front body jack would be nice - apart from the pulling the cable out, it doesnt sit well on a stand where the jack is when plugged in.

love my ashdown cabs but side handles and width mean its always a twist and turn through doorways!

wouldnt swap either of them though!
[/quote]

Aha! I knew i was right about the 424x ;) :)

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1483883535' post='3210809']
I love my 30 year old Wal Custom Fretless.

I hate that it never be quite sounds like it is in tune.
[/quote]

D'you suppose Pete got the measurements and spacings on the fretless fingerboard a bit wrong? Everyone knows that when they aren't exactly right the bass sounds a bit out of tune as you go up the neck. ;)

What idiot decided that the front strap button on an ES335 or clone guitar has to be at the back (at the end of the neck). Guaranteed to introduce serious neck heaviness. The SG I had once had the same failing, it is gone now.

Front mounted jack sockets on guitars. Means you have to have at least one guitar lead with a right angle jack...

I actually prefer front mounted sockets on guitars. You can see what you're doing when plugging / unplugging,
plus there's none of that uncertainty when placing the guitar on a stand and the jack makes it unsteady. Also
maybe less likely to get knocked/damaged too.

[quote name='Rocker' timestamp='1483914138' post='3211144']
What idiot decided that the front strap button on an ES335 or clone guitar has to be at the back (at the end of the neck). Guaranteed to introduce serious neck heaviness. The SG I had once had the same failing, it is gone now.

Front mounted jack sockets on guitars. Means you have to have at least one guitar lead with a right angle jack...
[/quote]

Me, right angle into all my basses and the straight end goes into my wireless line 6 transmitter which goes into my right front pants pocket.

Straight ends look like an accident waiting to happen.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1483737695' post='3209795']
Love my Trace Elliot gear, the weight I can live with, but I really wish the power button was on the front instead of the back...

Love my Bass Collection Nanyos but I wish the input socket wasn't at such a daft angle on the side..

So what lets your gear down??
[/quote]

Your trace gear sure is good ;)

My ashdown amp has a top handle for a thirty kilo combo, not side handles. It has footswitchable overdrive but the sub octave isn't footswitchable which I find disappointing.

Something on my pedal board once sent far too much gain through the amp at a festival and ruined our sound. Never happened before or since...

I have four basses that all sound different when really i should only have two: one with frets, one without.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' timestamp='1484071118' post='3212448']
I like my TC RH450 but it's got two XLR outs on the back - one for DI and one for digital recording. Sound guys always try to plug the DI into the wrong one.
[/quote]

I have done that - why is nothing coming out of the DI.. d'Oh!

string spacing on my 5 string is just a wee bit too narrow at the bridge but perfect on the neck.
love my RM800...buuuut the power switch is on the back and who decided that it was a good idea to put it directly under the power lead?
and the front panel chromeness is loverly but the black text on it is impossible to see under stage lighting as the front panel effectively becomes black.