Why become a member? ×

Spector NS-2 "Doug Wimbish" USA Ultra Amber four string bass (Price reduced £2500.00)
£3000

Simonsbass

I totally back Jon's warning up. I've listed a lot of items of late which I've previously not had success with. Usually, once discussions started they moved to outside the system and deals were done that way. I sold one item lately through their Buy it Now system. The guy had bought and paid for it via PayPal with no contact prior.
When the figures came through I felt nauseous at its rate, I'd have preferred to give that cash to the needy than feed such a greedy system.
I will never sell anything on there again as only eBay wins!! Way too much costs for the service offered.
Just thought I'd add my recent experience.
Beautiful bass by the way, good luck with the sale.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1485416374' post='3223732']
Watch if you accept an offer on ebay; iirc the 'total' in fees if someone pays by paypal is 15%. Even 15% on your listing fee of £3000 = £2550 cleared for you. :(
[/quote]

I think ebay fees are capped at £250. Then you have the 4% or whatever of Paypal. Still a lot of money. I had a bit of luck recently on a £5k item when the buyer inadvertantly paid by echeque through Paypal - the Paypal fee was just £30. Well, unless I've yet to discover something else.

Edited by markorbit