Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

Sign in to follow this  
BigGuyAtTheBack

Revelation RJT60B

Always wanted a Fender bass VI but of course no left handers. Spotted this on evilbay and snapped it up. £229.99 delivered couldn't resist. First impressions it looks and feels bloody good for the price, light weight. The fret ends are a tad sharp but I'm not complaining at this price. 3 single coil pickups, vol, tone, 5 way selector and the varitone switch which has a good sweep of tones. I have only tried it through my practice rig, it sounds really good with a good range of tones. Set up wasn't great out of the box, again this ain't a problem for me. I removed the Vibrato and locked it down, set the neck relief and did the intonation. Chords up the dusty end are sweet! Definately a gigable bass.

Posted (edited)
First I've heard of these! I had hoped for a lefty Squier VI but this sounds like a great alternative. Edited by pineweasel

i have the RBJ67 jazz style bass and i have to say i was very impressed for the money nicely put together and the entwistle pickups sound really nice

[quote name='stu_g' timestamp='1483453397' post='3207213']
i have the RBJ67 jazz style bass and i have to say i was very impressed for the money nicely put together and the entwistle pickups sound really nice
[/quote]

I agree. I was able to sneak one over here to the USA and can't believe the tone and beauty of the bass for the price. I would put it up against any Squier, Ibanez, Epiphone, or other second tier basses under 500USD. It's absolutely stunning to look at. Natural finish. The body is almost like a butterscotch see through finish that's creamy. The neck is white maple with pearloid block inlays. A beauty! And the tone! Because the body is dense the tone is exceptional. Very growly and it really sustains.

Alan Entwistle is on to something here with his design. Highly recommended!

[quote name='BigGuyAtTheBack' timestamp='1483377710' post='3206687']
Always wanted a Fender bass VI but of course no left handers. Spotted this on evilbay and snapped it up. £229.99 delivered couldn't resist. First impressions it looks and feels bloody good for the price, light weight. The fret ends are a tad sharp but I'm not complaining at this price. 3 single coil pickups, vol, tone, 5 way selector and the varitone switch which has a good sweep of tones. I have only tried it through my practice rig, it sounds really good with a good range of tones. Set up wasn't great out of the box, again this ain't a problem for me. I removed the Vibrato and locked it down, set the neck relief and did the intonation. Chords up the dusty end are sweet! Definately a gigable bass.
[/quote]

Please excuse the dumb question-- but is that bass tuned like a guitar only an octave lower? I've often wondered how they would tune the two highest strings. Thanks!

[quote name='alaskaleftybass' timestamp='1489273445' post='3255732']
Please excuse the dumb question-- but is that bass tuned like a guitar only an octave lower? I've often wondered how they would tune the two highest strings. Thanks!
[/quote]

Exactly that. I bought one of these myself recently and it's great fun, but I do tend to think of it as more of a guitar than a bass.

[quote name='pineweasel' timestamp='1489330772' post='3256069']
Exactly that. I bought one of these myself recently and it's great fun, but I do tend to think of it as more of a guitar than a bass.
[/quote]
Thank you!