Why become a member? ×

How many amplifiers....?

markstuk

Two amps for me;

Markbass MoMark 500w (Class A/B, main amp)
Markbass MoMark 800w (Class D, backup)

Ideally I would be using the higher power rated amp for gigging as I use backline only but I've gigged both and A/B'd them during a soundcheck and the 500w has more presence.

Two amps, a lmt500 which does the job and a hartke 1400 series head. Looks like a cheese board with knobs on. Then a pair of Aggie db112s and a hartke 410xl, original American job. Still sounds great after an unbelievable amount of abuse.

I would like to say 2, but there are others.

I have a TC RH450 as my amp, with 2x TC 112. Then I have a EVO 500 ashdown head I picked up recently to see what ashdown heads were like.

Technically that is it, but I do also have a Yamaha THR10, a harley benton 5w guitar amp, a roland microcube and a few other little things around.

4 amps - Quilter BB800, Markbass TTE801, Markbass LM11, Markbass MiniMark 602.

Cabs 2x TKS1126, 2x Barefaced One10

7 basses and an EUB.

From an amp point of view I only use the Quilter at the moment in my current band. The TTE is more coloured and I may use it if a certain project requires it.

Gallien-Krueger MBE-III
Gallien-Krueger MB Fusion 500
Presouns Studio Channel > QSC PLX1602

Barefaced Midget
And another Barefaced Midget
Barefaced Compact

There's some degree of mix and match, but the general jist is the MBE and either one or two midgets for most things, and then either the MBF or the pre/power rig with a midget and compact stack for the rock band.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1483284175' post='3205898']
I have two Trace Elliot AH-300-SMX heads - one spare in the event that #1 has to go into hospital.
I have a Quilter Bass Block that I intend to use for rehearsals and to gigs as a back up. It is the best small amp I have tried.
I have an ancient dusty old Peavey TKO-80 in my 'office' that I use for home practice and that my cats use as a scratching post. Not turned up very loud.
Two Barefaced Supercompacts
One Barefaced 110 for quieter rehearsals and possibly smaller gigs.

What I don't have any more is GAS for anything else, remarkably.
[/quote]

Proves one should never believe what one reads on the internet, especially if I wrote it. :)

Had a sharp bout of GAS and bought an Orange TB500 and I'm liking it lots. Took me long enough to join the party. Knock on effect is my dusty Peavey TKO has gone to a better place and Trace Elliot head #2 relegated to home practice with second Supercompact - available at short notice should the gig require it.

Getting that Peavey downstairs wasn't easy, but the guy who collected it (hi Alex) took it from Benfleet to Stevenage via public transport!

Aguilar DB751
Ampeg PF800
Ampeg PF350
Gallien Krueger MBE III combo
Marshall Bass State 65 combo

Vanderkley EXT112 x 2
Vanderkley LNT410
Ampeg Classic SVT210HE [b][color=#ff0000]Up For Sale[/color][/b]

Mmmmm. Think I should be starting to thin things out :unsure:

Only one amp head - a Markbass LM2. Looking at how many others have, and some of the reasons, I'm starting to think that a spare amp in case of problems might be wise! In which case I would get another LM2 as I like it and having a spare that I know how to use would be sensible!

Cabs - one Barefaced Compact (gen 2) and one TKS H115. For most gigs and rehearsals the Compact is more than loud enough and an easy one-handed carry. But sometimes it is fun to use both... :P

Currently have 4 amps.
Mesa Titan. This is my main rock band gigging amp racked with a Korg tuner going into Mesa 210 and 212 powerhouse cabs.
I also have a mesa big block 750 which I've been trying to sell for a while. Sounds great but the titan is much more versatile having 2 channels.
Fender tbp-1 and QSC PLX 2402 rig which I tend to play through a pair of Markbass 410 cabs. Use this set up mainly with my functions band as it's very clean and has more headroom than I'll ever need.
Finally have a markbass LM2 800 which I use in rehearsal rooms as invariably the practice amps are something really crap like a worn out ashdown. I Also carry his amp to gigs in case my main rig blows up - fits in a handy little shoulder bag.

At the minute I have two amps:
Fender Super Bassman 300
Fender Rumble 500 head

Plus one Fender 410 Neo cab.

Aside from those I still have a Peavey practice amp that I bought when I started playing.

There's also an Orange Bass Terror 500 and an Ashdown 2x12 in the house but they belong to Mrs Strange.

Actually:
[list=1]
[*]Trace Elliot V4 MKII
[*]Trace Elliot V8
[*]Trace Elliot TwinValve
[*]Trace Elliot HexaValve
[*]Ampeg B25B
[*]Ashdown CTM30
[*]Gallien Krueger 200RCB
[*]Gallien Krueger 400RB-II
[*]Gallien Krueger 400RB-IV
[*]Gallien Krueger 800RB
[*]EBS T90
[*]Fender Bassman 100T
[*]Fender SuperBassman
[*]Fender Bassman 300 Pro
[*]Sunn 1200S
[*]Music Man 100B
[*]Music Man 120B
[*]Music Man 115B OneTwenty
[*]Music Man HD One Fifty
[*]SWR Headlite
[*]Genz Benz Streamliner
[*]TC RH750
[*]Traynor YBA3
[/list]
I know, I am crazy... ;)

[quote name='disssa' timestamp='1489773086' post='3259778']
Actually:
[list=1]
[*]Trace Elliot V4 MKII
[*]Trace Elliot V8
[*]Trace Elliot TwinValve
[*]Trace Elliot HexaValve
[*]Ampeg B25B
[*]Ashdown CTM30
[*]Gallien Krueger 200RCB
[*]Gallien Krueger 400RB-II
[*]Gallien Krueger 400RB-IV
[*]Gallien Krueger 800RB
[*]EBS T90
[*]Fender Bassman 100T
[*]Fender SuperBassman
[*]Fender Bassman 300 Pro
[*]Sunn 1200S
[*]Music Man 100B
[*]Music Man 120B
[*]Music Man 115B OneTwenty
[*]Music Man HD One Fifty
[*]SWR Headlite
[*]Genz Benz Streamliner
[*]TC RH750
[*]Traynor YBA3
[/list]
I know, I am crazy... ;)
[/quote]

😳 Do you own an amplifier shop?

Basses - just into double figures.

Amps:

Tecamp Puma 900 - main amp
Markbass LM250 Blackline - backup

Cabs:

Bergantino AE112 x 2

I'm also threatening to use a Behringer B210D active PA speaker for the little acoustic (drum-free) group I'm in as a side project. Or I might just knock up a small cab for the Eminence Beta 10A I've got knocking about and use it with one of the amps.

Well compared to some of you lot I have a pretty streamlined selection:

Markbass F1
GK MB200
Line 6 Studio 110
Ampeg B100r x2
Ampeg V4B '76

And a pair of Bergantino 12" cabs

Thats it, although I do have many pre's and effects boxes that'll act as pre's if need be

Oh, and I have a couple of power amps too: SWR SM800 and an Ashdown ABM APM 1000.

Gosh, that's more than I thought :blush:

Amps

Mesa D 800
Fender Rumble 500
Ampeg Micro VR 200w

Cabs

Barefaced Super Compact 1x12
Fender Rumble v2 1x12
DIY Basschat v1 1x12 Beyma with tube ports
DIY Basschat v1 1x12 Beyma with slot port

Combos

Roland Cube Bass 100 (currently up for sale on here)
Currently GAS free!

i've been very good in recent times and narrowed my ownership down to just two amplifiers:

2001 Ashdown EVO 500 ABM
1981 Marshall JCM800 Bass Amp (Superbass 100 MKII)

The Ashdown pairs with an upright Peavey 210TX
The Marshall pairs with a Musicman RH212

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1483317009' post='3206210']
4 basses currently (until I can convince Mrs Painy that I genuinely do NEED a Thunderbird anyway).

Just 1 gigging rig though - Aguilar AG500 and a pair of DB112 cabs - but I do have a Behringer BVT4500H head at the back of the cupboard under the stairs as a backup. Other that that just a 10W Hiwatt Hurricane practice amp if that even counts.

Money no object then I'd probably have a DB751 and either a 4x12 or an 8x10 cab for bigger gigs (plus a roadie to carry it) but my current set up really does all I need it to anyway.
[/quote]

Well yesterday I added another amp head to this. Having sold on my much loved Trace Elliot AH400SMX (as spares/repair after it stopped working) about 10 years ago, I've found myself missing that Trace sound recently. So although my Aguilar rig does indeed do what's needed, I grabbed an AH350 that came up on here which was local and at the right price.
Having gigged it last night it looks like the Aguilar head will be relegated to a reserve role (the heft is real I tell ya!!!) but I'll be keeping them both. The old Behringer under the stairs will probably go though - if I can be bothered to dig it out.