Why become a member? ×

Shortened Hootenanny?

Grassie

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1483720157' post='3209566']
This was the stand-out performance for me: written and performed by Imelda May .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILjkdZloLUM

And the forthcoming tour is coming to Ipswich! Deep Joy
[/quote]

Totally agree Pete; she was sensational!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1483730222' post='3209705']
Totally agree Pete; she was sensational!
[/quote]
The brass and woodwind arrangement was excellent, unfortunately that rarely gets credited so I don't know who to thank.

Bass playing was spot on too. Oh Hi Dave☺

[quote name='Dave Swift' timestamp='1483728287' post='3209694']
Ouch, tough crowd!
stingrayPete1977, maybe I should hire you as my agent!
[/quote]

Yo Dave, dear boy. :)

Just had a good listen for the first time.
I thought the band sounded great, with what I should imagine, was very little rehearsal time?

For what it's worth, I heard very little 'Boogie Woogie Bugle Guy' Piano from JH. He did what the arrangements required.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1483793692' post='3210143']

Well done Pete! You've upset him now!! :lol:
[/quote]

It's not that I dislike Dave's playing I just really like Al Gare on upright bass!

Oh and Roy's regular player is a mate so I was hoping to see him there.

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1483795890' post='3210180']
It's not that I dislike Dave's playing I just really like Al Gare on upright bass!

[/quote]

I think Al Gare is still playing in Imelda's regular band. Darrell Higham left when they split up though. I'll let you know after the gig in May.

[quote name='Dave Swift' timestamp='1483728287' post='3209694']
Ouch, tough crowd!
stingrayPete1977, maybe I should hire you as my agent!
[/quote]

No complaints about your contribution, Mr S.

Although more vintage Japanese basses would have been nice... :D

Thank you Bassassin!
I've now got at least 30 vintage Ibanez basses, predominantly all variations of the classic "Musician" series, but I do have a growing number of Roadstar II's also.
For the recent Hootenanny, I needed to to use a bass with a low B due to the requiremts of the songs & artists involved, and considering I have now been kindly given an endorsement deal with Ibanez, the obvious and correct choice was to use one of the newer six string models for the show. (and yes, I did use the high C string as well as the low B!)
Bass Guitar Magazine want to do a feature with my bass collection soon, which has changed dramatically I hasten to add, since my last collection feature in "Guitar & Bass Magazine" a few years back. I can't believe at the time of that original feature I only had ONE vintage Ibanez in my collection!
I'm going into hospital for surgery on the 10th January this year, so the BGM article will have to wait till later in the year. The remainder of January will be a "write off" for me work wise, but it will at least give me time to heal & recover before a new series of Jools' BBC Radio 2 show starts on the 1st February.
I'm very much looking forward to having my vintage Ibanez collection (in particular) professionally photographed & documented by BGM, and now it looks like I will have time to add a few more! 😉

Edited by Dave Swift

Hello and welcome to basschat Mr Swift. I hope the surgery you require is not too drastic and you recover quickly.

We are ( mostly) a friendly bunch on here but for heaven's sake don't mention appearing on any stage with a music stand :blink: :lol: