Why become a member? ×

Barefaced compact vs super compact

Westenra

I moved on from a G1 Compact plus a G1 Midget to a G3 Supercompact and I believe it will do exactly what you want it to do. The Supercompact is tighter and punchier - exactly like a Compact plus a Midget together. I bought a second, just, well, because, really. :)

Edit - if you fancy a trip out east you are welcome to have a listen to mine - I am near to Southend.

Edited by Paul S

I used to have a compact coupled with super compact. Then sold the compact to buy another super compact.

You won't lose the lowend with SC. You will rather be happier because it is less boomy and gives tighter lowend.

Edited by GCYPbass

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1482933788' post='3203601']
I moved on from a G1 Compact plus a G1 Midget to a G3 Supercompact and I believe it will do exactly what you want it to do. The Supercompact is tighter and punchier - exactly like a Compact plus a Midget together. I bought a second, just, well, because, really. :)

Edit - if you fancy a trip out east you are welcome to have a listen to mine - I am near to Southend.
[/quote]

If I ever find myself easy coast way I will take you up on the kind offer!

Thanks everyone for the input, I think it's the way to go and my LB30 should sit nicely on top with no overhang. Just wanting for a silver cloth one to show up on the second hand market.