Why become a member? ×

Check out Justin Bieber.

bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1482787280' post='3202770']
Like maybe you've not seen him before. Awsome stuff and a great talent. Pity it's been lost along the way. [media]http://youtu.be/wW9Saj9V-js[/media]
[/quote]

And now it makes [i]so[/i] much more sense.

I'm surprised you use the word "awesome" to describe this clip. Most of the stuff you post is awesome.

I'm going to break one of my rules, which is if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything.

If I was a 13 year old female I would probably love the clip.

Justin as an adult (18) is playing drums at the level most guys I played with when I was in the 6th grade or around 11 years old.

Nothing personal, I guess I'm too old and out of touch to recognize the talent.

The guy is a successful teen idol. Nothing more nothing less.

Blue

Edited by blue

I'm going to risk what little cred I have by saying I quite like his most recent stuff.

He's been responsible for some utter sh*te as well but I think underneath the teen idol image (which he apparently has come to loathe) is a better than average vocal and song writing talent. There's also Youtube evidence that he's a decent guitar player.

Edited by Cato

His most recent stuff is actually pretty good. The clip you posted just shows that he has some talent but I agree it's been lost along the way. If this guy actually practised and remained humble I think he'd make an amazing musician as that drum solo wasn't bad at all. I've seen better drummers obviously but he's doing a bang up job (pun)

[quote name='Sub_Drop' timestamp='1482795783' post='3202812']
His most recent stuff is actually pretty good. The clip you posted just shows that he has some talent but I agree it's been lost along the way. If this guy actually practised and remained humble I think he'd make an amazing musician as that drum solo wasn't bad at all. I've seen better drummers obviously but he's doing a bang up job (pun)
[/quote]

I guess he's an entertainer and I'm comparing him to the greats out there that actually know how to play drums. If he knows how to play it didn't come across that way to me from the clip posted.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='Sub_Drop' timestamp='1482795783' post='3202812']
[/quote]

I swear, I'm not trying to be flipent.

Could you point out where your seeing any level of drum skill or talent in the clip. I'm missing it.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1482802858' post='3202842']
I swear, I'm not trying to be flipent.

Could you point out where your seeing any level of drum skill or talent in the clip. I'm missing it.

Blue
[/quote]

I'm with you, Blue.

He's playing about as well as I do. I SUCK on drums. I sound just like that :)

attention seeking loook at ME look at ME !

I bet he slaps a da bass next

There's a very dark cloud hanging over my house, as my teenage daughter has recently decided to 'migrate' her focus of attention from [i]Bieber [/i]to [i]21 pilots. [/i]Disappointing after the financial investment "I've" made in him, but at least there's a bass player in [i]21 pilots. [/i]I don't know why some guys get their panties in such a knot about [i]Bieber[/i], there'll always be 'Bieber characters' as long as there are teenage girls to obsess over them? I grew up with an older sister obsessed with [i]David Cassidy[/i] (remember him). :D

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1482831652' post='3202907']
I disowned my cousin coz he got his dad to take him to a David Cassidy concert lol oh man that made me larf all over again

"then he came out in a white suit !"
[/quote]

I'd imagine that, for a teenage boy that wanted to 'hit' on girls, he had the last laugh? :D

Absolutely unimpressed by any of that. To be fair, it's not his fault that he's as popular as he is, it's the fault of the management that pedals this kind of mediocrity and passes it off as world class talent. There will always be a market for it as it's nothing more than product. I do my best to ignore this kind of crap but was intrigued that it had been posted on BC. As for him being a lefty playing a right handed kit, my son has been playing that way since he was six. 😊

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1482790718' post='3202782']
I'm surprised you use the word "awesome" to describe this clip. Most of the stuff you post is awesome.

I'm going to break one of my rules, which is if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything.

If I was a 13 year old female I would probably love the clip.

Justin as an adult (18) is playing drums at the level most guys I played with when I was in the 6th grade or around 11 years old.

Nothing personal, I guess I'm too old and out of touch to recognize the talent.

The guy is a successful teen idol. Nothing more nothing less.

Blue
[/quote]
The Beatles were teen idols that grumpy old men categorised as flash in the pan talentless mop top whatever's...... jus sayin :D
I think beibers got talent.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1482964530' post='3203852']

The Beatles were teen idols that grumpy old men categorised as flash in the pan talentless mop top whatever's...... jus sayin :D
[/quote]

You make a good point.

Many music historians are making comments about the similarities in the talent between The Beatles and Justin Bieber.

The similarities are incredible.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1482990427' post='3203915']
...Many music historians are making comments about the similarities in the talent between The Beatles and Justin Bieber.

The similarities are incredible.

Blue
[/quote]

You what now?

While I recognise that you sometimes get a "bad press" in this forum Blue, in this instance, it may be justified. How can you possibly defend such a statement? Are you saying that Boober is a pioneering four piece?

Sorry my friend. I don't agree. But then, I suppose you had to be there.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1482964530' post='3203852']
[/quote]

Did you see the documentary about the Everly Brothers story last night? Glad to see the same grumpy old men, screaming young girls and threats of banning singles for being too racey! Heard that before...

For young people now, those between 12-19yr, youtube is the source of their celebrities and performers. It's a huge market now but still in its infancy. Perhaps its an indication that you don't need to be special or talented to be a celebrity?, but its easy and accessible. There are crossovers with vloggers on tour doing motivational speaking/music/drama at the same show. Interesting times ahead.

Edited by mentalextra

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1482994221' post='3203919']

You what now?

While I recognise that you sometimes get a "bad press" in this forum Blue, in this instance, it may be justified. How can you possibly defend such a statement? Are you saying that Boober is a pioneering four piece?

Sorry my friend. I don't agree. But then, I suppose you had to be there.
[/quote]

It was a sarcastic remark responding to the post where someone was comparing The Beatles talent to Bieber's.

Blue

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1483008712' post='3204038']

Did you see the documentary about the Everly Brothers story last night? Glad to see the same grumpy old men, screaming young girls and threats of banning singles for being too racey! Heard that before...

For young people now, those between 12-19yr, youtube is the source of their celebrities and performers. It's a huge market now but still in its infancy. Perhaps its an indication that you don't need to be special or talented to be a celebrity?, but its easy and accessible. There are crossovers with vloggers on tour doing motivational speaking/music/drama at the same show. Interesting times ahead.
[/quote]

There have always been young new teen idols. Some can make it big with little to no talent and some like The Beatles and The Everly Brothers that had so much talent you'd have a hard time quantifying it.

Why would anyone even mention Bieber and The Beatles or The Everly Brothers
in the same sentence?

Blue

Edited by blue