Why become a member? ×

This year's Hootenanny

tauzero

Will the production team have been combing through the recording, checking whether anybody is visible who's died since it was recorded? At the rate they've been dropping off the twig, there's plenty of potential for embarrassment.

Edited by tauzero

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1482624798' post='3202040']
Will the production team have been combing through the recording, checking whether anybody is visible who's died since it was recorded? At the rate they've been dropping off the twig, there's plenty of potential for embarrassment.
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1482660456' post='3202108']
Are you saying it is not recorded live? Next you'll be saying there is no Father Christmas...
[/quote]
I wonder how the Queen's going to do her Christmas speech today with her stinking cold. It would be quite funny to see her doing it with a box of Kleenex in her hand.

Edited by darkandrew

[quote name='darkandrew' timestamp='1482662592' post='3202123']
I wonder how the Queen's going to do her Christmas speech today with her stinking cold. It would be quite funny to see her doing it with a box of Kleenex in her hand.
[/quote]

Just heard the radio news that she's missing some engagement this morning. My ears pricked up when I heard "The Queen is missing..." Now that would have been a story!

[quote name='darkandrew' timestamp='1482662592' post='3202123']
[/quote]

Not yet seen on a Hootenanny;

Prince Philip with a box of Kleenex. I'm betting it's a possibility though.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1482624798' post='3202040']
[/quote]

The Hootenanny show should be fine.
A lot of quality and talented people have died this year.
:D

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1482669189' post='3202157']
The Hootenanny show should be fine.
A lot of quality and talented people have died this year.
:D
[/quote]

It's not unusual for quality and talented people to be in the audience or even interviewed on the Hootenanny show.

Now they've got the check for George Michael too.

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1482732404' post='3202385']
what is this Hootenanny you speak of ?
[/quote]

An annual pre-recorded New Year's Eve musical TV programme, incessantly featuring Gregory Porter and Ruby Turner, with the odd bit of Jools Holland talking crap.

Edited by Roland Rock

Aaahh, just found out - Chaka Khan, Christine and the Queens, Roy Wood, Rag n Bone Man, Gregory Porter,
ABC, UB40, Seasick Steve, Caravan Palace, Imelda May, John Cooper Clarke, Hugh Cornwell and Ruby Turner.
Not the best line up for me to be honest, but will still be watching.

Edited by casapete

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1482664705' post='3202133']
My ears pricked up when I heard "The Queen is missing..." Now that would have been a story!
[/quote]

I wouldn't be too certain - can't help thinking news like that might well be held back if it happened at Christmas.

Now if I was a betting man... :ph34r:

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1482745671' post='3202435']
Aaahh, just found out - Chaka Khan, Christine and the Queens, Roy Wood, Rag n Bone Man, Gregory Porter,
ABC, UB40, Seasick Steve, Caravan Palace, Imelda May, John Cooper Clarke, Hugh Cornwell and Ruby Turner.
Not the best line up for me to be honest, but will still be watching.
[/quote]
Usual crap then...

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1482767335' post='3202599']
I like Roy Wood and Imelda May but only with the proper bassists/band backing them, they don't need a boogie woogie accompaniment imo.
[/quote]

I thought 'Hootenanny' was an olde english word meaning boogie woogie backup on everything - probably even over a bit of John Cooper Clarke doggerel ;)

Edited by Downdown

[quote name='Downdown' timestamp='1482770707' post='3202621']
I thought 'Hootenanny' was an olde english word meaning boogie woogie backup on everything - probably even over a bit of John Cooper Clarke doggerel ;)
[/quote]While we're on definitions:
Joolzolland: an artist who's talent falls far short of the esteem in which the public and major broadcasters hold him.