Why become a member? ×

Rick Parfitt :-(

Bikenbass

He was a machine of a rhythm guitarist, he could keep going flat out all night. I met him once by chance in the Isle of Man outside his house while we were walking, lovely bloke, had a good chat and laugh for about 10 minutes before we strolled on and left him alone.

Yeah, sad, but Quo are the sort of band that will live on for a long time so he won't be forgotten and that's about the best memorial the man could have to me

I feel really sad for his young kids. The passing of your father at any time is bad enough but at this time of year, it is especially sad.

The only good thing is at least they will be able to look back at the performances and interviews that their dad did.

I always liked Rick as he seemed quite honest about his lifestyle and didn`t try to hide the way he lived his life. And what a rhythm player he was. Look at some of the clips from the Frantic 4`s last tour, he was knocking the hell out of his Tele.

Rip Rockin Rick.

I could make a very long list of albums which were "game changers" for me, starting with Revolver and coming all the way to Graceland, but in truth the one that had the biggest impact on me was probably Piledriver.

[quote]I saw the Quo regularly from 1974 until the original line-up reformations of the last few years.

I can't think of many 2016 casualties I will miss more.

Thanks Rick.

[/quote]

This says it all for me, Quo have been such a central part of my life - of course there's been other music on the journey but first and all along it were Quo. I feel like I've lost one of my closest friends. RIP Rick, thanks for everything xx

So glad I got to see them last year. Status Quo were such a huge part of my teenage years. Dancing to 'Down Down' at the local rowing club disco remains one of my happiest memories. Plus seeing Rick jamming incognito at a pub in Staines some time in the eighties. What a privelage to catch that.